Hillary was the Moderate Democrat for Obamacare in 2016

heri _ cles

How did that work out ?

My apologies to Althea for my posts in 2016 to the effect that Bernie had no chance because he was too far left of Hillary, especially on Health insurance/Obama care. I was wrong and

I'm not going to make the same mistake in 2020.

Obamacare is now Swiss cheese after Republicans have riddled it with holes. The whole ball of twisted yarn very well may be scrapped by the Supreme Court. It is a clusterscrew which has been complicated even further by IRS regulations pushed through by Republicans. Health Insurance companies have done all they could to make a joke out of it and Red State Governors have refused to accept Medicaid expansion.

Patching holes in ObamaCare (n/k/a BidenCare) isn't going to keep it afloat for long. We need to start thinking about a major structural change to health insurance. That is why some Democrats are suggesting a possible expansion of Medicare.

And yes, employers need to get out of the health insurance business AND Health insurance companies have to get out of health care for profit business. Oh no you say? I say that the insurers should stick to selling life insurance, auto insurance, homeowner's insurance, professional liability insurance, medical malpractice insurance... There is plenty of business out there for them. They don't need to make money making wagers on illness, who gets sick when, how much they can profit off policies and how to get out of paying claims when things don't go as expected.

SaveComment3Like1
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
althea_gw

Whoa!

Apology accepted.

Yes, insurers should stick to insuring material property, your car, house, and so on. Human beings have a basic right to health care that shouldn't be regulated by the insurance industry.

1 Like Save     Thanked by heri _ cles
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I agree.

1 Like Save     Thanked by heri _ cles
heri _ cles

Althea said:

Apology accepted.

Thank you my friend.

2 Likes Save    
Van Metre Homes is a homegrown builder with a reputation for blending the enduring traditions, quality and value... Read More