Supreme Court allows broad enforcement of asylum limits

Carro

Supreme Court allows broad enforcement of asylum limits

https://apnews.com/a817cf3affb04f3d8ad3c4940366a5fe

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing nationwide enforcement of a new Trump administration rule that prevents most Central American immigrants from seeking asylum in the United States.

The justices’ order late Wednesday temporarily undoes a lower-court ruling that had blocked the new asylum policy in some states along the southern border. The policy is meant to deny asylum to anyone who passes through another country on the way to the U.S. without seeking protection there.

Most people crossing the southern border are Central Americans fleeing violence and poverty. They are largely ineligible under the new rule, as are asylum seekers from Africa, Asia and South America who arrive regularly at the southern border.

SaveComment6Like1
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elvis

Makes sense. Canada does the same thing, and everyone here seems okay with that.

3 Likes Save    
margaritadina

So, there will not be anymore ''My husband beats me up, I left two children with him, grabbed the youngest one and ran trough two countries to America. Give me asylum''?

4 Likes Save    
Carro

7-2

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Save    
Ann

Very good news!

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular The Inevitable Future of Drones Around Your Home
As Google joins the push for airborne deliveries, it seems only a matter of time before neighborhoods are buzzing with drones. Is that OK?
Full Story
Most Popular Key Measurements to Make the Most of Your Bathroom
Fit everything comfortably in a small or medium-size bath by knowing standard dimensions for fixtures and clearances
Full Story
Know Your House Insulation Basics: What to Know About Spray Foam
Learn what exactly spray foam is, the pros and cons of using it and why you shouldn’t mess around with installation
Full Story