SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natasha_prasad84

Roof extension/Portico to try and offset horrible layout

Natasha Shahram
4 years ago

I purchased a home, to keep my children in the same school district. Unfortunately the layout of the home is horrendous. The front door is on all the way to the left of the house. I need to add some sort of pronounced extension/portico to try and improve this layout. Unfortunately moving the door is not an option. Do to poor planning/budgeting, the inside has been remodeled. I plan to add a flat extension as it is the most affordable, but I want to add some sort of decorative column/pillar to dress it up. I also plan to change the steps (or redo them if anyone knows how to make composite/vinyl look like concrete or stone, possibly tread caps?) and add a railing. If the steps cannot be transformed Please if anyone has suggestions as to a cheaper alternative that looks like concrete/cement/or stone that looks nice and is still affordable. I am really having a hard time finding any picture or design online of how to add the extension as there would only be a pillar on one side.... I am desperate to find a structure that will make the house look less awkward .... Please if anyone has any ideas for the extension/portico, or any pictures or general advice, I would really appreciate it.

Comments (15)