She's got a son together

dandyfopp
SaveComment44Like1
Comments (44)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chase_gw

That comment struck me as very odd when I heard him say it......but to be honest I don't think he meant much by it. He often talks in abstract terms about himself and his family. Like a an observer looking in.

Having said that , he most certainly does not seem to be emotionally connected to Barron....be nice if he took him golfing now and again

6 Likes Save    
maifleur01

His comment makes it sound like he is not the father of her child. Which might explain his indifference to him. That rabbit hole leads to all kinds of questions.

4 Likes Save    
roxsol

This how rumours start. We’ll know it’s just a story and not Trudeau.

( Lol, I love puns)

13 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I want to add....because I can't edit...that I think Melania is a really good Mom.

2 Likes Save    
Andie

Be nice if she cared about all those school children killed by guns.

10 Likes Save    
Red Sox

Be nice if she cared about all those school children killed by guns.

Those are someone else's children. It doesn't happen at private schools much, in part by virtue of size.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

And?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

This Atlantic article covers it well. I suggest you listen at least to the second video.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/donald-trump-vaping-ban

Melania has the expression I see on people while riding a bus or subway at the end of a tiring work day.

2 Likes Save    
Andie

RBF.

3 Likes Save    
JodiK

It would appear that trump doesn't have much interaction with his own offspring... until they are old enough to be put to use in his business pursuits.

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Yes Jodi, you nailed it. As far as Melania, I don’t think we can say one way or another whether she’s a good mom or not. We never see her interacting with him either. We only see them walking to and from planes/helicopters.

7 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Mel-a-nee is
Not my lover
She's just a wife who
Claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son.

10 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Lololololol Thor.

wow that’s funny.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

“I think Melania is a really good Mom.”

I‘m of a different mind. “I don’t really care. Do u” is not a “good mom” message. She gave up the possibility of good mom by choosing money over morals. As soon as he’s out, so is she.

7 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I think that would have been a real easy - super easy - to talk from the heart as a parent to all the parents.

He couldn't even get out one sentence.

6 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Talking from the heart requires its possession.

15 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

He slipped and shared his true feelings that she has a son, then tried to correct. Too late.

5 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

She's got a son together? Was he a kit from Ikea???

14 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Trump says he doesn't drink, but then he lies about everything else.

2 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

This is snort funny at the same time as very sad. Barron is missing the many chances for experiences like he'll never have again. Boggles my mind that loving parents would leave him behind when visiting the Queen.

We dont hear or see much about him, which is best. But, we get that his life isnt dramatically different for living in the WH. How sad.

Mel is a good enough mother. She's missing a few brain cells.

Save    
whynottryit

I think his comment speaks more to his mental.condition than anything else.

He looks so much like Eric, I find it difficult to question his parentage as being other than the same as Eric's.

That Melania actually is concerned about this is highly unlikely to me given her past public causes. Distractions are de riguer for this White House.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Adderall: America's Favorite Amphetamine

3 Likes Save    
Linda

Yes, Melania has a son...together with who? He's not really sure who else is involved, but many assume the lad might be his son. Adderall? I know a lot about Adderall and I don't think that would help him much! But he definitely needs medication of some kind! And really intensive therapy! Preferably inpatient therapy...with WALLS, lots of WALLS...he would, of course, claim that Mexico will pay for them, but...well, they won't, so he'll steal funds that should go to pay for services to help those serving in the Navy, Air Force, Army, etc. You know, people who volunteered, not those who had imaginary foot ailments.

8 Likes Save    
Linda

So true, Thor! The missing heart! Where, oh where did it go? Maybe we should organize a search party...but I really, really think it just wasn't there in the first place!!!

1 Like Save    
Pidge_

Very droll, Linda, concerning WALLS! and who will pay for them.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

There are reports that Traitor Don is an Adderall (a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) snorting speed freak.

This explains the sniffing and the white chunks he has a tendency to exhale.

Save    
socks(10a)

What did Melania do besides sit there beside the babbling fool? He said children are coming home and saying “mommy I want to vape.” Sorry Donnie that’s not how kids start vaping, asking mommy. He makes up stupid little stories.

8 Likes Save    
HU9999

^^^That's what happens when a mentally ill person without the ability to relate to people as people tries to fake it.

I agree with the comment above that this just highlights his mental illness.

3 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Would you say..."my husband has a child", when talking about your child?

Of course not.....that doesn't fly queenmargo...nice try for the moron though.

7 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Derp - it's the president of the United States making a public announcement for the press, not some average Joe talking in private.

Making excuses for very low standards again...?

6 Likes Save    

“Would you say..."my husband has a child", when talking about your child?”

No, but I *would* say “Husband your son is peeing on my roses again” even though he is our son lol.

Rather than seeing this as insight into his feelings toward his son, I see it as insight into his feelings toward his wife. He seems to be speaking of her as an abstract entity, one with whom he doesn’t feel united, rather than as his life partner. He’s referring to any mother in general, not the mother of his own child.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Not everyone can understand Trump. I was blessed ;))

Save    
queenmargo

Waking up and reading HT is so funny!

Save    
bleusblue2

I have to say that maybe the stumble was normal -- he was intent on giving credit to Melania for coming up with the idea because she is a mother herself -- it just got twisted when it came out. If that were the only dopey thing he'd said it wouldn't have this much attention. I think the news channels have dropped it haven't they?

Save    
queenmargo

Trump always makes the news channels look stupid after they report twisted intent! He is genius and knows they will run with anything.

Save    
queenmargo

I have found this true on Hot Topics as well, lol lol.... off to go have some Chicken and Waffles on the patio by the light of the tiki torch;))

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

It's also the very impartial way he refers to his own son: "that's a beautiful young man." ...like it's the first time he's ever seen him.

2 Likes Save    

queenmargo

35 minutes ago

Trump always makes the news channels look stupid after they report twisted intent! He is genius and knows they will run with anything.

———

Even assuming this is true, THAT’S NOT WHAT THE OFFICE OF “PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES” IS FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is Trump’s game he needs to grow the heck up.

(but I’ve known enough people with Alzheimer’s to know that it is the classic cover for their faux pas and blunders: “haha of course I know that I was just bugging you I can’t believe you realky thought I was serious.” Sad.)

7 Likes Save    

This kind of genius - a truly super genius?

3 Likes Save    
enegiram

It is obvious that Rex Tillerson nailed when he called Trump an effing idiot!

Save    

Want to add that you can tell he realized he messed up and was trying to fix it by mumbling about 'together', but it sure makes one wonder why on earth he couldn't just say something normal like 'our son' or 'we have a son'?

I keep thinking about that creep Roy Cohn allegedly saying his 'pal' Mr. Trump "p**ses ice water"...

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

The other thing that's so perverse about his comment is how he distances *himself* from the problem. It's the FLOTUS with the son who's worried about it...not him....like he has to stay above it all and pronounce judgment...like a king who is untouchable and untouched by anything that affects the masses.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

Anyone else notice that when Obama talked about thinking that a teen killed because of the color of his skin could have been his, heads exploded. How dare a father put himself in the place of others and be upset that it could happen to his child!!!!! But when Trump talks about his son is such a distanced, detached way, it's all good!

I know, I know, I shouldn't be surprised. And I guess I'm not. But it won't stop me from commenting on the hypocrisy.

4 Likes Save    

One might think some folks would be ashamed of promoting such blatant double standards, but when it comes to our rightward marching comrades, one would be wrong, it seems.

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Nursery Ideas Why My Son’s Room Will Be Red: An Expert Weighs In on Colors for Baby
Historical facts, trend recaps and enthusiastic support for painting your nursery any darn color you like
Full Story
Pets Pet’s Place: She Couldn’t Find a Perfect Cat Bed, so She Made One
A San Francisco mom and cat owner designs pet products that function and look great in the family’s small apartment
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: A Father and Son’s Compact Design for a Family Home
The new house in New Zealand makes the most of a tight site and a tight budget
Full Story
Friendly Painting, Inc., is a full service residential & commercial painting and contracting business founded in... Read More