Warren is moving on up

Ann

Warren ties Biden in her second poll so far. In a Monmouth poll (8/20), Biden, Warren, and Sanders were all tied at 19-20%. Now, Economist/YouGov is out with a new poll with Biden and Warren both at 26% and Sanders 10 points behind the two of them. She's really been working her way up with a nice upward trajectory.

SaveComment19Like2
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patriciae_gw(07)

She is my favorite.

1 Like Save    
Chi

It's interesting that the more moderate Biden is losing to far more progressive candidates. That debunks the theory that Democrats want a more moderate candidate.

Save    
chase_gw

Warren needs Sanders to bow out. His support will go to her rather than Biden and send her over the top.

Even though she is showing the right trajectory Biden still is the favourite in a show down with Trump. I like Warren always have....my only reservation is her ability to pull in those moderate Republicans and Independents.

Having said that , I think more and more that Trump is his own biggest liability....we'll see.

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Between those three, I favor Warren by quite a bit. I'm more with Amy Klobuchar ideologically, but Amy lost me out of the gate.

1 Like Save    
haydayhayday

I'm not exactly fond of Elizabeth Warren. If she were to win, I'd consider moving to Canada.

The lesser of two evils.

Hay

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

Her score suggests she recovered from a promise to ban stock bumps that Trump banned a while ago.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Every time I see the title of this OP I think of the Jefferson's....

Save    
Ann

"It's interesting that the more moderate Biden is losing to far more progressive candidates. That debunks the theory that Democrats want a more moderate candidate. "

Chi, IMO it has to do with her being a really great campaigner and him being a terrible one. I think she has the "it" factor that matters and Biden just doesn't have any of it.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Lol chase, I was singing it as I typed it:)

Save    
althea_gw

"It's interesting that the more moderate Biden is losing to far more progressive candidates. That debunks the theory that Democrats want a more moderate candidate."

I agree. A recent Univision poll of Texas has Bernie with the greatest margin over Trump. That's a state rumored to be a place where only a centrist could win.

1 Like Save    
heri _ cles

I don't think Warren intends to solve every problem in our country. Her intent is to suggest some solutions to embedded problems that have not yielded to the typical solutions proposed by folks like Biden.

Save    
cattyles

Do you think she will sincerely work to implement them, heri? I do. I think she has the will and the brains to do it.

Save    
Ann

I think Warren would work very hard to implement her policy plans!

Save    
Ann

Catkin, I hope none of them do!

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Well, that goes without saying, Ann.

Save    
margaux

Ann, I was going to contribute something to your thread but when I opened it I saw that it had turned to juvenile nonsense and I refuse to participate in threads like that.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL- like we care margaux lol lol

Save    
margaux

Nice to see that *some* of the nonsense has been removed.

I was surprised to read today that Warren is the second choice for Democrats over age 65, and not only that, she polls at 22%. No other candidate polls over 5%. That might explain the Social Security policy she just released. Who wouldn't like a $200 a month increase in their SS?

1 Like Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

LOL I think "not participating" means we dont see a post from you in the thread.

I dont know if Mr. Biden is "losing" exactly - I mean, comeon, its a primary. But definitely needs to be some coalition building happening within the party. I have really come to like Ms Warren, but I would hope she pivots and puts fighting for the old "new deal" front and center. I think she would do a much better and feistier job in fighting for maintaining and shoring up social security and medicare, environmental protections, which is

A big part of why Drumpfenfuhrer won is because he posed as a (supposedly) moderate repub who would preserve SS/medicare. But thats been long ago exposed as a lie and a charade.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: A 17th-Century Home Moves Up in the World
Intelligent design solutions and a respect for the building’s heritage create a welcoming home with character in London
Full Story
Contemporary Homes My Houzz: 1955 Texas Ranch Moves On Up With a Modern Addition
Graphic tiles, wood accents, modern furnishings and a new second story help elevate a dated interior and layout
Full Story
Most Popular Houzz TV: See a Modern Family Farmhouse That Can Pick Up and Move
In the latest episode of Houzz TV, watch California architect build a beautifully practical cabin to jumpstart his parents' new farm
Full Story