SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midwesterndesign

master bath linen closet--should it stay or go?

midwesterndesign
4 years ago

I'm in the early planning stages of a master bath remodel. My current bathroom is L shaped with a linen closet jutting into the room at the elbow of the L. As a result, the walkway in that part of the bathroom is only about 3 feet wide. I'm contemplating removing the linen closet all together and instead integrating storage at the end of the bathroom--maybe a cabinet that coordinates with the vanities. I'm hoping to make the space feel less cramped and closed off. There is also a large linen closet in the hallway outside of the room, so there is other storage for linens. Electrical is running on one outside wall of the closet, so I'm aware there will be added cost with relocating that.

Is it a bad idea to remove the closet? When I purchased the house, it was definitely a selling point seeing that extra storage space. However, living in the space I'm beginning to think a more spacious master bath would be preferable. I don't know that I'll be in this house long term, so I'm trying to find a balance between what I want and what will help sell the house when the time comes. Open to other suggestions as well.

Comments (4)