Anyone remember King Canute?

Annie Deighnaugh

Borowitz nails it again:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what some congressional Democrats are calling a flagrant example of Presidential overreach, Donald Trump on Tuesday signed an executive order giving him total control of the weather.

Under the terms of the order, Trump would assume the unilateral power to create all meteorological conditions, including but not limited to hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, hail, sleet, and wintry mix.

After signing the order, a beaming Trump pronounced “total victory” over the weather, which he called “the enemy of the people.”

“I have been treated very unfairly by the weather,” Trump said. “The weather is a horrible person.”

On Fox News, Sean Hannity praised Trump’s decision to seize control of the weather and compared it favorably to former President Barack Obama’s weather policy, which he called “a trainwreck.”

“Obama just let the weather run wild,” Hannity said.

Although Trump’s executive order is certain to face legal challenges, White House sources indicated that the President was ready to press forward with an additional order giving him dominion over all living things, the planets, and the stars.

SaveComment6Like6
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dandyfopp

Donnie is brutally attacked by wind every time he sets foot outdoors, not to mention his crippling fear of rain. High heat and humidity cause his bronze glow to smear.

A War on Weather was inevitable.

5 Likes Save    
Janie

King Canute was as effective as Trump in challenging nature

Maybe it's the skirt!

1 Like Save    
Janie

President Trump directed his chief of staff to order the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to prepare a statement that Hurricane Dorian posed a significant threat to Alabama as of Sept. 1, in contrast to what the agency’s forecasters were predicting at the time.

Trump instructed acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to direct NOAA’s leaders to issue a statement buttressing his contention that Hurricane Dorian posed a threat to Alabama, according to a senior official who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the matter.

Mulvaney then relayed the message to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, this official said, who in turn instructed NOAA officials to put out a statement Friday to that effect.

Trump told reporters he made no such instructions to Mulvaney on Wednesday afternoon.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

A hoot. I was reminded that Caligula was supposed to have gone to war with the ocean and that would be so appropriate as a comparison but I also know it isn't true. Boo hoo. I should just post like a conservative and pretend it is.

3 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Unlikely Mulvaney has it in writing. If there is anyone left with any sense they will ask for something in writing however should not expect it to be received. Anyone entering this Twilight Zone should be aware by now that what he says is not what he meant and you must claim it was your fault that you did not understand.

1 Like Save    
Prim Rose

Will trump launch nuclear missiles into the next "Dorian"? Seems he has the power!

So long as no rational intelligent person who possesses a backbone straightens him out.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Features See the House Where Martin Luther King Jr.’s Pivotal Story Began
The Atlanta home in which the civil rights leader was born 90 years ago celebrates his legacy
Full Story
Patios Could a Cool Chess Set Be King in Your Castle?
Extravagant outdoor chessboards and built-in game tables add a noble air around the home
Full Story
Great Designers Celebrate Rudolph Schindler’s Kings Road House
This Southern California modernist home, which marks its 95th birthday this year, is still a game changer
Full Story
As a decorator, I am able to see things from my clients perspective and design to meet their needs. Style Savvy... Read More