Appease his Wildest Instincts and show no Disloyalty

THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Washington

John Bolton had to go -- because he wanted to cancel President Donald Trump's worldwide reality show.

For a time the now ex-national security adviser, who first caught Trump's eye with his tough talk on Fox News, was useful to the President -- sharing his desire to shake up the globe.

But like everyone else in Trump's dysfunctional foreign policy team, Bolton wore out his welcome, standing in the way of his boss' impetuous instincts and seeking a share of the spotlight.

Only in the bizarre Trump orbit could the exit of a national security adviser seen as an ideologue and aggressive hawk also be perceived in some ways as the removal of a stabilizing force. But he did have a view of American interests and the use of US power that while hardline was predictable and logical and positioned within the historic boundaries of US diplomacy.

SaveComment12Like
Comments (12)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red Sox

Bolton may be a bit nutty as someone you could imagine waging war on Tom Hanks or Mr. Rogers. But dumb he ain't.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

A top advisor drunk with power can't stop a leader who's drunk with power.

1 Like Save    
Linda

You notice how he heaps praise on them when he nominates them. Then, on their departure, he blames them for his own incompetency. That's probably his MO from his business leadership before he came to be a political hack!

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Hoot. It has been so much fun watching the left who were so sure that bringing Bolton into the administration would bring us to the brink of war are now wringing their hands that Trump has dismissed such a knowledgeable advisor.

Save    
Janie

Trump is turning on his loyal minions, soon he'll be turning on his loyal cult members

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I see observations not hand wringing. Are quotes from "the left" that indicate hand wringing?

4 Likes Save    
Janie

Why in the world would anyone be "handwringing" about Bolton

We know exactly what Trump will do now. He'll bring in an a$$-kissing yes-man, who probably won't last long either.

3 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Just another 'look at that unicorn' example of trump supporters seeing what they want to see, even when it does not exist.

7 Likes Save    
cattyles

You’re entertained because we can analyze individual circumstances using logic and facts and make conclusions accordingly? Because I’m not entertained by the Right’s treatment of politics like a team sport.

Most things are a shade of gray not black or white. That nuanced stuff trips y’all up every time

1 Like Save    
graywings123(7)

Trump should go it alone without a National Security Advisor: Nobody knows more than me

Save    
Red Sox

Hoot. It has been so much fun watching the left who were so sure that
bringing Bolton into the administration would bring us to the brink of
war are now wringing their hands that Trump has dismissed such a
knowledgeable advisor.

Actually my implication was not so much that he is knowledgeable, just that he was smart enough to realize that trump is a know nothing moron. So he got out. Like everyone else. This administration turns over more than walmart greeters.

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

I have to agree with Janie seeing how Trump has turned on everyone that he applauded. I do worry how he will turn on his followers in the general population. When he does it will be after he turns the rest of the population. It is only a matter of time and not at this point an if.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 31 True Tales of Remodeling Gone Wild
Drugs, sex, excess — the home design industry is rife with stories that will blow your mind, or at least leave you scratching your head
Full Story
Your First House How to Reface Your Old Kitchen Cabinets
Find out what’s involved in updating your cabinets by refinishing or replacing doors and drawers
Full Story
We are a unique company built on a solid background of design and construction. With a young and driven team,... Read More