SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicsgirl

Anybody Watch a Very Brady Renovation?

vicsgirl
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I did, and it was pure nostalgia for me. I do enjoy HGTV type shows, and I was happy to see my favorite DIY hosts like the Property Brothers Drew and Jonathan, and the mother ftom "Good Bones". I found the show interesting,from the re-creation of the famous "Floarting Staircase" to the challenge of finding the old horse statue and matching the kitschy floral pattern of the sofa. Good to see all the Brady "kids" grown up. All three girls still have "hair of gold, like their mother". I remember when it was originally on TV in 1969 to 1974. I did not like the show, I was snobby and in high school so it was "uncool" to like The Bradys or the Partridge family. Still, this new show was very interesting to me. I actually grew up in a very similar style home, a split level built around 1963, which my Mother furnished with Danish modern furniture and knick-knacks and tscothkes just like in the Brady house. I even had two younger blond sisters, we were famous as the three blonds back in our school and church-going days. I will watch future episodes as they re-create all 12 rooms in the Brady home. What did you think of it?

Comments (11)