Bolton fired ... via Twitter, of course.

Andie

WASHINGTON — President Trump fired John R. Bolton, his third national security adviser, on Tuesday amid fundamental disagreements over how to handle major foreign policy challenges like Iran, North Korea and Afghanistan.

Mr. Trump announced the decision on Twitter. “I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service.

SaveComment71Like
Comments (71)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ziemia(6a)

So, onto #4. Maybe Kushner? He is easily manipulated.

Save    
dandyfopp

Everything Trump touches dies.

8 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Lederer wrote A Nation of Sheep. Who will write An Administration of Idiots?

6 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Waiting for the next headline at the National Review

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/john-bolton-opposed-taliban-deal/

Save    
Andie

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

Proof of trump’s mental instability is everywhere.

5 Likes Save    
2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

3 Likes Save    
ohiomom

No surprise, you are not allowed to disagree with the chosen one.

And OT ... we can no longer use the search option above to find our posts/comments???

1 Like Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Next season we'll see Bolton on Dancing with the Stars

10 Likes Save    
margaux

I wonder if Bolton is a good one for Trump to cross. He might have just provided media a new "source" in regard to Trump's handling of foreign affairs.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Trump going alone on National Security? Not good. He is getting direction from somewhere and it isn’t for the security of US.

9 Likes Save    
Kathy

OhioMom, I noticed there is no search for Hot Topics articles.

2 Likes Save    
Andie

Margaux, I was wondering the same thing.

Save    
dandyfopp

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Bolton Bolts? Trump must be hiring all the worst people first as a process of elimination before he gets to his "best" list. Naturally the liar-in-chief says he fired Bolton to save face, or so he thinks, his face ain't worth saving. Maybe Eric is next in line for Bolton's job, you know, just to keep the dynasty on track, nyuk.

4 Likes Save    
Moxie

The search field to the right of the Houzz logo shows these as the top two items when I am already viewing the Hot Topics forum.

Save    
Ann

Well, this has been expected for some time. But, the good new for Dems - they can spend weeks or even months with the was he fired/did he resign narrative. It's the perfect substantive kind of topic Dems love to thrive on. Maybe it can even turn into additional impeachment material:) After all, I think that impeachment narrative is crying out for a little adrenaline boost as the public interest has and is drifting further away from it.

Save    
Andie

It's the perfect substantive kind of topic Dems love to thrive on.

You mean like the royals?

13 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

LOL

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Republican interest in impeachment is growing. The narrative wants people to believe it isn’t. There is a difference. Trump is getting more radical everyday. He doesn’t listen to anyone. That is not prudent. Well, maybe he listens to someone we don’t know of.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

No edits are allowed.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Just a little off topic, but my husband and I were just talking about how Trump might wish he had Pompeo in duplicate for several positions (and also as a senator). We're beginning to wonder if Pompeo might be a potential 2024 GOP presidential candidate.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

But, the good new for Dems - they can spend weeks or even months with the was he fired/did he resign narrative.

Nah Ann, this will be a distant memory within a few days at most. Trump always trumps himself with a new clusterphuck situation every day so there is little time to linger on the past. I sure Bolton will explain it all in his new book.

13 Likes Save    
Ann

Yeah Kathy, I can't edit either. It first noticed that yesterday.

No Royal talk for me today. But, it was a good fill in for boring days (and it certainly got a lot of participation which made me guess others were also bored). Now, Washington is back from vacation and as I guessed and hoped, there might now be political topics that are hot topics.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Trump might wish he had Pompeo in duplicate for several positions

No doubt about it Ann, trump would love to have an army of cloned butt kisses at his command.......but don't be too surprised when Pompeo quits too before trump fires him.

7 Likes Save    
margaux

It makes no difference to me whether he resigned or was fired. He appoints the worse people and when they don't follow his worse instincts, they are gone. The entire GOP is following a moron now and protecting him every step of the way because it would be a constitutional crisis if the populace ever found out what they all know.

7 Likes Save    
Andie

But, it was a good fill in for boring days

Funny what you choose to ignore.

5 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I think margaux nailed it. And Pompeo is just playing his cards well. He's probably next to go. As for who is now dictating foreign policy --- probably Marxist, Russian- lover Bannon. He has never really gone away and has been lurking in the background....

Why did they take away the "edit" choice?

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Nah.

Putin is dictating foreign policy.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

I don't think they have taken the edit option away....it feels more like a bug.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

The only significance in the fired vs resigned spat is that it is likely Bolton offered his resignation but Trump, in true Trump fashion, had to be seen as having the upper hand...he can't handle any other narrative.

As far as Pompeo in 2024, I'm stunned this is a new thought. I've thought for a very long time Pompeo will be one of the primary candidates along with Haley and maybe Graham .

All three are going out of their way to keep on the good side of Trumps base....but if any of them should win I think they would revert very quickly to their true Republican roots

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

How inappropriate. But what's new? Protocol is not cheeto's strong suit.

You can always go to your Houss and then click on Activity, Comments, etc. will get you stuff you've commented on or liked.

1 Like Save    
woodnymph2_gw

"Putin is dictating foreign policy." Cannot disagree with you on that. But I believe Bannon is whispering in the ear of Emperor Trump also.

2 Likes Save    
margaux

There's been speculation that Pompeo is going to run for the Senate in Kansas.

Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Regarding the edit issue: Some people are not having the problem. My desktop here at work was 'upgraded' to Windows 10 over the weekend and since then I haven't been able to edit using Chrome. I'm going to try on IE and see if I can edit.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Lets not forget that Bolton is the ultimate Hawk. If he had his way we would be at war with the world. All is not bad here. Now the biggie will be who on earth will replace him.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Bolton is a hawk and has always been a worry to me. However, he is also VERY passionate about his views and more than a touch arrogant.

He just told the NYT's that he will tell the American people what is gong on when the moment is right.........words to that effect.

My bet is he joins the "Dump Trump" movement within the Republican party......and he won't hold back. Hopefully a few more get on that bandwagon.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Margaux, yes about the Kansas senate point. But, I think Trump might need to keep him in his administration. He'd be a valuable asset in so many places, it's too bad there aren't a few of him.

Save    
chase_gw

Pompeo would be well advised to get out while the going is good if he has 2024 aspirations........like Haley did.

4 Likes Save    
bob_cville

I agree that it is good that he is gone. I too worry that Trump will manage to find someone even less qualified and/or a far worse person to replace him. It seems that in this case that will be a hard task, but the one thing I have confidence in Trump about is that he will always manage to find someone worse.

1 Like Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

It seems the edit issue may be Windows 10 not playing nicely with Chrome. I am able to edit running Internet explorer on windows 10.

Save    
Kathy

I’m on safari on iPad and have been able to edit up to now.

Save    
margaux
Save    
Kathy

Scaramucci has come out full blast against Trump. I’m not a fan of Bolton or Scaramucci but they have seen enough to know inside info. Worth a listen.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Woodnymph. That’s my opinion also. Bannon has the master plan.

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

I can’t edit using safari on my iPhone

Save    
maddie260

No fan at all of Bolton, but what an absolute disaster this whole administration is- top to bottom! A circular firing squad in real time.

5 Likes Save    
margaux

I don't think Scaramucci was that close to Trump, and not for very long at that, but what is important about him is he said he's been flooded with emails and business cards from people in the administration. He's hearing all their war stories and is acting as their megaphone.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Scaramucci has known Trump for years and says his eyes are finally opened.

Save    
maddie260

I’ve said it before, and I’m repeating it. I find speculation of 2024 Republican POTUS candidates CRAZY!!!! I think following dt, any R who enabled this behavior is FINISHED!! The Rs are going to be wandering in the desert trying to put a party back together.

1 Like Save    
margaux

Was he a personal friend? I can't find info on their history, just that Mooch was surrogate for Trump.

Save    
Janie

Who is next - Stephen MIller

Steve Bannon

Alex Jones

Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Save    
Ann

"Pompeo would be well advised to get out while the going is good if he has 2024 aspirations"

Lol IMO to this. My guess is 2024 aspirations aren't even on his mind and he's busy serving the country to his best ability. I'd also guess he likes working for this administration and likes his job. I'd also guess he thinks some very important things are underway and happening for the good of this county and I'll sure bet this West Point grad is dedicated to his country, his job, and the current POTUS.

Save    
Ann

Ahhh, mooch. Perfect for the Dems to embrace. Kind of like Comey. All the good ones:)

Save    
Kathy

Margaux, I heard Scaramucci talking about the Trump he thought he knew. Maybe he was referring to the last few years as opposed to a longer personal history.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

" My guess is 2024 aspirations aren't even on his mind and he's busy serving the country to his best ability. I'd also guess he likes working for this administration and likes his job. I'd also guess he thinks some very important things are underway and happening for the good of this county and I'll sure bet this West Point grad is dedicated to his country, his job, and the current POTUS."

Well you just keep on thinking that........all it makes me realize is that his strategy for 2024 is working!

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Ann, I am by no means embracing Scaramucci, just relating how he has changed his mind about Trump.

Save    
Kathy

Bolton and Trump calling each other liars.

2 Likes Save    
Janie

Trump is turning on his loyal toadies, they might want to bail now, before it's too late

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

It will be interesting to see as more information is available if the final straw was the "secret" meetings or barring people from the Bahamas as a national security issue or both. Bolton and others had time to disagree with Trump over the weekend and could have been fired then. The offer to resign came after the Bahama tweet.

Save    
barncatz

I bet we hear from Bolton, unlike Mattis.

I admit I'm a bit bemused about this description of Pompeo/the adminustration as if all is running in the normal course:

I'll sure bet this West Point grad is dedicated to his country, his job, and the current POTUS.

Bolton resigned, ho hum, carry on, lol. Just a different way of looking at it.

BTW, didn't Trump just grab some West Point funding for his Wall?
Oh yeah, googled, $160 million.

I can't edit on Chrome, noticed it yesterday.

3 Likes Save    
Cookie8

Well, Kathy, Trump lies and Bolton likes to start wars. Perfect.

Happy to see Bolton gone.

Save    
Kathy

I’m not unhappy Bolton is gone. I just wonder who comes next?

Save    
ohiomom

rob thanks for the head's up, but sometimes I don't comment but would like to re-visit a thread, guess I have to "like" the ones I don't comment on to watch the progress of a thread?

I think Ivanka would make an excellent replacement for John Boy.

ETA: I have windows10 and chrome and I can edit (^_^)

Save    
Cookie8

I can't edit either. I wanted to add on after "Perfect" - They are both doing what they do best, lying and starting wars.

Save    
dandyfopp

PAB scared of confrontation, has to fire by tweet.

Pitiful.

2 Likes Save    
Moxie

My screen shot didn't post. The search options included to search Hot
Topics, and the search results made sense. That was using Opera. I
couldn't edit from either Opera or Firefox.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Save    
Prim Rose

It's the perfect substantive kind of topic Dems love to thrive on.

You mean like the royals?

Dang! Gosh, I think we could use "the royals" for weeks and weeks and weeks.

1 Like Save    
bob_cville

> Bolton and Trump calling each other liars.

Paradoxically they are both telling the truth.

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decluttering 4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances Cook Smarter With New Wi-Fi Kitchen Gadgets
Whip up meals with high-tech help, thanks to a phone-connected oven and teakettle, plus a web-surfing cutting board
Full Story
Most Popular Why Google Just Paid $3.2 Billion for a Company That Makes Thermostats
Smart home technology just got a new champion — and everyone is speculating about the reasons
Full Story
We deliver “ceiling to floor” interior design services, and 17 years of experience has afforded our team the... Read More