Trump's approval rating slides down amid scaremongering at wild rally

dublinbay z6 (KS)

The rally may have been "wildly" approving, but the rest of America is appalled!

-------------------------------

"Donald Trump's approval rating has fallen to 38 per cent, down six points on his July career-best according to a new ABC News/Washington Post, as concerns over the fate of the American economy linger.

The president held his latest “Keep America Great” rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on Monday night, attacking the “America-hating left”, scaremongering about the release of “horrible, hardened criminals” in sanctuary cities and saying he rolled back energy efficiency standards for lightbulbs because: “I look better under incandescent light”.

On another wild evening before a crowd of his most feverish supporters, Mr Trump also made an false claim about voter fraud in California and took sole credit for the US being awarded the 2026 FIFA World Cup and joked about serving a third term in order to be in office when the tournament gets underway."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-news-live-president-complains-065800957.html

-------------------------------------

Oh, my word--he was in fine fettle, wasn't he. Why such disgusting nonsense sends his supporters into a "fever" of delight will be one of the political mysteries of the early 21st Century.

But why I'm delighted his approval rating has dropped down 6 pts--down to 38%--needs no explanation.

Kate

SaveComment29Like4
Comments (29)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

“I look better under incandescent light”.

That must be the secret to his orange glow.....his filament is burned out

9 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

And this poll has a drop among those who approve of his economy and his methods.

"Less than half of respondents, 46 percent, now approve of the way the president is handling the economy, a decrease from 51 percent approval in midsummer. Fewer of those polled, 35 percent, approve of the way the president is handling trade negotiations with China, and 60 percent are concerned that the trade conflict between the two countries will raise the price of goods for their families."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/10/poll-trump-approval-falls-recession-1487905

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

With the democrats so busy picking a new leader I wonder who is paying attention to the cr@p that he is spewing.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

This is the second poll in 10 days that has his approval on the economy under water.

3 Likes Save    
HU9999

Perhaps a few in the base have been woke?

For some, seeing reality takes a little longer than for others.

And then there are those that will never see it. The true base.

4 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Not certain how woke more than a few are but it was interesting at my dentist office this morning. After the election the dentist was glowing to another customer about how great Trump was. This morning my dentist had fire in his eyes and anger in his voice about the actions against the people of Bahama. He has spent time on both of the islands which were hardest hit and know how poor most of the people are. He is also aware that given the extent of the damage few people would have any of the paperwork needed to start a new life anywhere. With Trump's statement I just substitute a word and that is why this happened.

1 Like Save    
Janie

and joked about serving a third term

He was not joking. If there's one thing we've learned with Trump, when he is obsessed with something, he's not joking

3 Likes Save    
tryingtounderstand

He will be back and vying for a 3rd term, especially cause he lost 2 years..Russia...If so, will his supporters agree?

Save    
maifleur01

I think his supporters will agree especially if he decides or makes a national emergency.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

He will fix it all with his sharpie.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

I caught the tail end of some pundit who said 2020 will be a bigger blue wave than 2018.

3 Likes Save    
Janie

Joking, you say?!

Save    
Janie

Poll finds Trump well behind Biden and Sanders, slightly trailing Warren and Harris

Among all adults, whether registered to vote or not, the president never tops 41 percent support. Among registered voters, he does better, but his highest level of support against any candidate is 44 percent. In 2016, he won 46 percent of the popular vote to Hillary Clinton’s 48 percent, but nonetheless won an electoral college majority by narrowly winning three northern states that had gone to the Democrats in the previous six elections.

We've got to make sure Democrats vote

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I noticed that Trump's average approval rating on the economy has dipped below 50% on RCP. I may be wrong but I think that's a first.

Save    
socks(10a)

Why so high?

Here’s what I foresee: someday when he’s gone from the White House, he will still be tweeting, riling up his base, criticizing whoever is leading, sending words out to our friends and foes, petty name-calling. Even when he is voted out in 2020, he’s not going away. Even if he is impeached and removed, he’s not going away.

2 Likes Save    
Red Sox

He was not joking. If there's one thing we've learned with Trump, when he is obsessed with something, he's not joking

Trump is the most humorless president in recent memory. He has absolutely no sense of humor and does not joke about things. This obvious deflection when he says something indicative of an escaped lunatic is never believable.

4 Likes Save    
HU9999

he will still be tweeting, riling up his base, criticizing whoever is leading, sending words out to our friends and foes, petty name-calling.

True. But it will be easy to ignore, and actually funny! Now it's dangerous.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I fail to see the humor. He remains a viable danger to our democracy.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Trump runs on getting the gander of the people who can't accept a loss; he does it while making America great--distracting with one hand while working with the other.

The hate is a great motivator for him, I believe.

Save    
Janie

gander / dander. When you get really angry you “get your dander up.” The derivation of “dander” in this expression is uncertain, but you can't replace it with “dandruff” or “gander.” The only way to get a gander up is to awaken a male goose.

3 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

socks(10a)

Why so high?

Here’s what I foresee: someday when he’s gone from the White House, he will still be tweeting, riling up his base, criticizing whoever is leading, sending words out to our friends and foes, petty name-calling. Even when he is voted out in 2020, he’s not going away. Even if he is impeached and removed, he’s not going away.

~~~

I'm wondering if he will be such a confident businessman when this is all over. Who will be willing to give him loans on his projects, especially now that his record of wheelings and dealings is out in the open? Maybe he'll have to hock some of the furnishings in that golden apartment. I think his credibility is down to nil with the people he will need. He's been outed.

Maybe he can go into the Evangelism business with his base as congregation. Church of Trump.

4 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

UPDATE:

Trump decries 'Fake Poll' showing his approval rate in the 30s

President Trump lashed out Tuesday at what he called a “Fake Poll” that shows his job approval numbers dropping by 6 points over the last two months as fears of an economic recession have risen.

The ABC News/Washington Post poll that angered the president found that 60 percent of Americans surveyed now believe a recession is likely in the next year. That same percentage of Americans is also concerned that Trump’s trade war with China will raise prices on consumer goods in the U.S.

That economic anxiety has helped push Trump’s job approval numbers down from 44 percent in July to just 38 percent in September, the poll found.

The president wasted little time disputing the poll’s results.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

ABC/Washington Post Poll was the worst and most inaccurate poll of any taken prior to the 2016 Election. When my lawyers protested, they took a 12 point down and brought it to almost even by Election Day. It was a Fake Poll by two very bad and dangerous media outlets. Sad!

9:23 AM - Sep 10, 2019

But two other polls released Tuesday confirmed the downward trend. Both Gallup and CNN found Trump’s approval rating to be at 39 percent.

Since his inauguration, Trump has routinely dismissed polls and news stories that have not portrayed him in a favorable light, assuring the public that the truth stands in opposition to what he calls the “Fake News Media.”

[. . . ]

But after a Trump staffer leaked the results of an internal poll taken in May that reportedly showed the president trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in key battleground states, the president alleged a conspiracy.

“We have great internal polling, there were fake polls released by somebody that is — it is ridiculous. We are winning in every single state that we polled. We’re winning in Texas very big, in Ohio very big, in Florida very big,” Trump said on June 12, adding, “They were fake polls that were either put out by the corrupt media, much of the media in this country is corrupt.”

[. . .]

While Trump often portrays the polling taken in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election as wildly inaccurate, he often ignores the fact that Democrat Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a margin of 2.1 percent. While most of the final polls taken ahead of Election Day showed Clinton ahead of Trump by a margin of 3 to 6 percentage points, only Monmouth University’s 6 point lead fell outside of the margin of error.

Meanwhile, the president’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, admitted in January to attempts torig online polls in Trump’s favor ahead of the 2016 presidential election."

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-decries-fake-poll-showing-his-approval-rate-in-the-30-s-185017304.html

---------------------

Kate

Save    
socks(10a)

As for any sense of humor he might have, I don't believe he has the intellectual sophistication to have much of a sense of humor. He probably does like the 3 Stooges shows though.

1 Like Save    
numbersjunkie

Save    
Ann

In the RCP average, Trump's approval sits at 43.1 tonight, just about exactly where he has been for so many months now. On the economy, 49.9 approve and 46.1 disapprove. Nothing at all shocking or unusual in any of his numbers but tons of headlines about his slipping approval:)

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Save    
chase_gw

To me it is significant that he has slipped below 50 on the economy. I
believe that is the first time since he was elected . Being below 50%
approval on tour "strong" point is telling in my view.

We'll see how it holds.

Save    
Chi

I agree, chase. That seems like bad news for him if he can't even get 50% on his best achievement to date. I think it's going to fall even more, especially if we head into the recession next year that many are predicting.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

What's telling to me is that not only do the top 5 dem candidates beat trump, but that they beat him by a lot more just in the last 2 months.

As he faces increased challenges over the next year, and as more adults have left his administration, his behavior is only going to get nuttier and he won't have the filters in place to pull him back from the edge and make excuses for him.

The next year is going to be the most dangerous yet.

SOS

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Salvage Houzz Tour: Wild Ideas in the Windy City
When bold art meets great architecture and interior design, something wonderful happens
Full Story
Home Innovations Natural Swimming Pools: More Beauty, No Chemicals
Keep your skin and the environment healthy with a pool that cleans itself, naturally
Full Story
Working With an Architect How to Hire the Right Architect
Your perfect match is out there. Here’s how to find good candidates — and what to ask at that first interview
Full Story