awesome customer service!

OklaMoni

I broke my Fiskars utility type scissors and was very unhappy. I looked online for a similar pair, as I couldn't find the same. Then I wrote to them, that I was sooo unhappy that the scissors broke.. and that I would have to replace them now. I never asked them to replace... but I received a brand new pair, free!

I am so happy with their Customer Service Department.

Moni

SaveComment17Like16
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amylou321

This is refreshing to read today especially. I got into a quite a tiff with an at&t customer service rep and their supervisor today and had lost almost all hope in humanity......

Those look very sturdy. I wonder if they come in pink.....

Save    
Louiseab Ibbotson

I guess when they say full lifetime warranty, they mean it! Without a fight too!

1 Like Save    
lisa_fla

Those would be handy!

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Anytime you "fight" with a customer service or customer facing person at a business, you'll lose. This is the "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" saying.

1 Like Save    
morz8

Moni, those look nice. And sturdy for someone who might abuse them, like me where I will cut florists wire etc with them even though I shouldn't....

Amylou, your customer service conversation sounds a little like the one I had with Comcast yesterday, only I was speaking sharply to a recording before I had connected with an actual agent...I could not get through the menu to a voice. And No, I did not want to go through the steps of resetting my modum or cable boxes, I wanted a voice. Alive.

Little tip, do not ever say when asked by a recording to briefly state your problem anything containing the word Spanish unless you are fluent in that language. Not only could I not get to the point in the menu to connect with a person, the menu changed to Spanish and I could pick out maybe 1 word in 20 at that point. Long silences in response to what sounded by tone to be questions got me no where, I had to hang up and begin at square one again.

Save    
OklaMoni

Oh, this is kind of funny... cause I really just said, I loved them... and will replace them. I didn't realize, they had a lifetime warranty. WOZER.

I had them for quite a few years before the divorce in 2010... really am not sure, how long.

Moni

1 Like Save    
C Marlin

I have the same pair and a couple other Fiskars. I'll remember that warranty. They are good scissors.

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

I love all my Fiskars and yes, I have used the warranty and gotten a new pair. I always keep the warranty card with the receipt attached. Fiskars is a stand up company! They believe in their product and so do I!

1 Like Save    
Rusty

Wow, that's great, Moni! I love my Fiskars, but never had a pair break. Had them 'sprout legs and walk off', as the saying around here went back when we had a house full of young boys, but never broke any. I have never kept a receipt for them, either.

That looks like a very sturdy and useful pair!

Rusty

Save    
OutsidePlaying

That is great to hear. I have a couple of pair of Fiskars sewing scissors I have owned for years. I don’t even remember how long. I keep cheap pair around the house for random cutting chores because they tend to wander off, but no one touches my Fiskars but me.

1 Like Save    
Raye Smith

I've been using Fiskars for years and love them, I do use a better brand of fabric shears.

AT&T has always had awful customer support so I looked to see what the worst rated companies are:1 Comcast

2 Bank of America

3 Wells Fargo

4 Sprint

5 AT&T

Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

I have a pair of Fiskars just like those that never leave my work bench. I use them only when cleaning produce like garlic, onions, leeks, etc. They will easily cut through a very thick hardneck garlic stalk. I have another older pair that I use in the garden that get abused to no end, left out in the elements on occasion, and are generally neglected but they just keep on keeping on. I wouldn't feel right asking for a replacement pair if those broke.

1 Like Save    
nicole___

I have 3 pairs of Fiskars. The one pair has a broken handle. Customer service: 1(866) 348-5661 Update: The phone instructions asked that I go to the website and fill out a claim form with photos. Done!

1 Like Save    
phyllis__mn

I think mine get used every day. The original purchase was at a sidewalk sale of a hardware going out out business. They were not price-marked and when I asked how much, he said, "How about 50 cents?" They get used for so many different things.....hope they never break, as I certainly don't have my receipt!

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

I don’t think you need the receipt, but don’t quote me on that.

Save    
nicole___

You DO NOT need the receipt. They want a photo. I also looked up the model number on Amazon. They need that.

Save    
OklaMoni

Of course, I didn't have a receipt. I did send a photo.

:)

Moni

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: How Can We Get Invited to This Awesome Midcentury Home?
A redwood-clad gem in California’s Marin County features a dreamy outdoor oasis with an open-door policy for the homeowners’ friends
Full Story
Rugs How to Choose an Awesome Area Rug No Matter What Your Space
High use, a low door, kids and pets running amok — whatever your area endures, this insight will help you find the right rug for it
Full Story
Most Popular Houzz Tour: A Custom-Made Tiny House for Skiing and Hiking
Ethan Waldman quit his job, left his large house and spent $42,000 to build a 200-square-foot home that costs him $100 a month to live in
Full Story