awesome customer service!

OklaMoni

I broke my Fiskars utility type scissors and was very unhappy. I looked online for a similar pair, as I couldn't find the same. Then I wrote to them, that I was sooo unhappy that the scissors broke.. and that I would have to replace them now. I never asked them to replace... but I received a brand new pair, free!

I am so happy with their Customer Service Department.

Moni

SaveComment17Like16
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amylou321

This is refreshing to read today especially. I got into a quite a tiff with an at&t customer service rep and their supervisor today and had lost almost all hope in humanity......

Those look very sturdy. I wonder if they come in pink.....

Save    
Louiseab Ibbotson

I guess when they say full lifetime warranty, they mean it! Without a fight too!

1 Like Save    
lisa_fla

Those would be handy!

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Anytime you "fight" with a customer service or customer facing person at a business, you'll lose. This is the "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" saying.

1 Like Save    
morz8

Moni, those look nice. And sturdy for someone who might abuse them, like me where I will cut florists wire etc with them even though I shouldn't....

Amylou, your customer service conversation sounds a little like the one I had with Comcast yesterday, only I was speaking sharply to a recording before I had connected with an actual agent...I could not get through the menu to a voice. And No, I did not want to go through the steps of resetting my modum or cable boxes, I wanted a voice. Alive.

Little tip, do not ever say when asked by a recording to briefly state your problem anything containing the word Spanish unless you are fluent in that language. Not only could I not get to the point in the menu to connect with a person, the menu changed to Spanish and I could pick out maybe 1 word in 20 at that point. Long silences in response to what sounded by tone to be questions got me no where, I had to hang up and begin at square one again.

Save    
OklaMoni

Oh, this is kind of funny... cause I really just said, I loved them... and will replace them. I didn't realize, they had a lifetime warranty. WOZER.

I had them for quite a few years before the divorce in 2010... really am not sure, how long.

Moni

1 Like Save    
C Marlin

I have the same pair and a couple other Fiskars. I'll remember that warranty. They are good scissors.

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

I love all my Fiskars and yes, I have used the warranty and gotten a new pair. I always keep the warranty card with the receipt attached. Fiskars is a stand up company! They believe in their product and so do I!

1 Like Save    
Rusty

Wow, that's great, Moni! I love my Fiskars, but never had a pair break. Had them 'sprout legs and walk off', as the saying around here went back when we had a house full of young boys, but never broke any. I have never kept a receipt for them, either.

That looks like a very sturdy and useful pair!

Rusty

Save    
OutsidePlaying

That is great to hear. I have a couple of pair of Fiskars sewing scissors I have owned for years. I don’t even remember how long. I keep cheap pair around the house for random cutting chores because they tend to wander off, but no one touches my Fiskars but me.

1 Like Save    
Raye Smith

I've been using Fiskars for years and love them, I do use a better brand of fabric shears.

AT&T has always had awful customer support so I looked to see what the worst rated companies are:1 Comcast

2 Bank of America

3 Wells Fargo

4 Sprint

5 AT&T

Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

I have a pair of Fiskars just like those that never leave my work bench. I use them only when cleaning produce like garlic, onions, leeks, etc. They will easily cut through a very thick hardneck garlic stalk. I have another older pair that I use in the garden that get abused to no end, left out in the elements on occasion, and are generally neglected but they just keep on keeping on. I wouldn't feel right asking for a replacement pair if those broke.

1 Like Save    
nicole___

I have 3 pairs of Fiskars. The one pair has a broken handle. Customer service: 1(866) 348-5661 Update: The phone instructions asked that I go to the website and fill out a claim form with photos. Done!

1 Like Save    
phyllis__mn

I think mine get used every day. The original purchase was at a sidewalk sale of a hardware going out out business. They were not price-marked and when I asked how much, he said, "How about 50 cents?" They get used for so many different things.....hope they never break, as I certainly don't have my receipt!

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

I don’t think you need the receipt, but don’t quote me on that.

Save    
nicole___

You DO NOT need the receipt. They want a photo. I also looked up the model number on Amazon. They need that.

Save    
OklaMoni

Of course, I didn't have a receipt. I did send a photo.

:)

Moni

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: How Can We Get Invited to This Awesome Midcentury Home?
A redwood-clad gem in California’s Marin County features a dreamy outdoor oasis with an open-door policy for the homeowners’ friends
Full Story
Rugs How to Choose an Awesome Area Rug No Matter What Your Space
High use, a low door, kids and pets running amok — whatever your area endures, this insight will help you find the right rug for it
Full Story
Most Popular Houzz Tour: A Custom-Made Tiny House for Skiing and Hiking
Ethan Waldman quit his job, left his large house and spent $42,000 to build a 200-square-foot home that costs him $100 a month to live in
Full Story
Our design services are tailored to your unique needs, timeline and budget. With your vision and our expertise,... Read More
We have earned an unrivaled reputation for crafting the finest glasshouses and greenhouses money can buy through... Read More