SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erica_miller98

Master Closet redesign

Erica Miller
4 years ago

My family is moving into a new townhome in 3 weeks, which we hope to be in for a very long time. One of the few downsides is the master closet. We currently have a good sized walk-in closet, but our new home has only two (tight!) closets. While we largely plan to live in the home for a bit before making many design decisions, one of our more priorities is to do something about the closet!!

Currently, I’ve been considering ripping the existing closets out, and installing something like IKEA Pax along the entire wall (With mouldings to give it a built in look). It looks like there are lots of ways to customize the Interior to suit your wardrobe.

Budget is a bit of an issue (whole only 1600sqft this townhome is right In the City, and a block away from the ocean and walking distance to both our works - it is costing us a fortune). However, this Is hopefully our home for a long time, so we hope to do it right, and if we Will get real value from spending more, we’ll make it work. While 60% bigger than our current home, maximizing space is still going to be an issue.

Pictures attached below. More generally, I’m currently thinking the decor should be somewhat romantic (but not TOO feminine Or hubby will rebel). I’m thinking white linens and a bit of blush in the artwork. Our king bed is quite modern and dark wood, and id like to keep it.

Any thoughts or ideas? Does it Make sense to make the full wall closets? Is Ikea a bad idea?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths