SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girl_wonder

source for exterior lighting (bungalow/cottage style)????

girl_wonder
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Can anyone recommend a source for good quality exterior lighting that might fit the style of my house? I went to Rejuvenation and there were fewer options for "wet" fixtures than I hoped. (and the prices are a bit higher than I hoped, but maybe it's worth it? I've previously bought Rejuvenation for the interior, a lot of 5 fixtures, and have been happy). Here's the before pic:

We're adding a garage so it will look like this. It will be repainted another shade of green, probably SW Meadow Trail or Messenger Bag, so slightly darker with more brown or yellow under tones.

I'm considering Rejuv's Carson for the front and back of the garage. It's farm house style but I'm thinking if I get it in their "copper penny" shade, it might feel like it fits the house. So this style: (16", with 12" or 18" projection)

In this finish:

(FWIW, I want my house to look nice from the street, hence something more traditional. For the back of the garage, by my potting bench, I'm thinking of the Carson in the cream, which would match the trim of the house. I may paint the garage's back "man door" a fun color, like eggplant)

I also want a new fixture for the front and back porch, and others to put on the exterior of the house in the back (to illuminate the patio and back yard). I don't need it to be hard-core "Arts and Crafts" but maybe a riff on the Mission Style. Here are some ideas I considered,but they only appropriate for "damp" not "wet." (we get a lot of heavy fog)

Any thoughts on other places I could look? I tried RH and Lumens and didn't really find anything. Not sure if any of the cheaper places are decent quality. Or ??? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Comments (7)