SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_rigby12

Updated to Include Floor Plan: Bathroom remodel suggestions wanted

Jessica Brennan
4 years ago

Our master bath and kids/guest bath share a wall on our second floor. The master bath is small but fine for us, with standing shower, toilet, vanity and linen closet, and the guest/kids bath has a full tub/shower (albeit small), toilet and tiny vanity and overall is extremely small and uncomfortably tight with absolutely no storage.

The floor plan is attached along with a few old photos. NOTE: The cropped floor plan does not show the door in the hallway that separates the "master" space from the rest of the upstairs, but there is a door, and it is shown in the full floor plan. Also to clarify, there is one closet in the bathroom, and the second closet next to it that you see is a cedar closet accessible from the hallway. We have no need for the cedar closet so that can go.

As we plan for updates, as these are the only 2 rooms left that haven't been touched, have a few thoughts:

- Would it make sense or be detrimental to the home value to take the tub out of the guest bath completely in order to free up space and make it a shower only, and then expand the shower in the master bath into the closets to include the tub? We would be willing to have a smaller linen/bathroom closet as we could have a larger vanity and medicine cabinet for storage, and there is another closet down the hall.

- Another potential consideration, but likely much higher cost could be to move the wall in between the bathrooms to add a little more space to the guest bath and take a little away from the master. I imagine that would cost quite a bit to do since plumbing and electric would be involved, and I'm not sure that the space gained would be worth the $?

While we are not planning to move anytime soon, I don’t want to make changes that could set us up for a problem if potential buyers don’t like that setup in the future. Thanks for the input! Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Master Bath toilet and vanity:

Master Shower - single (small) standing shower only

Guest/Kids Bath (small Tub/Shower to the right not shown)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH