SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nilofur_phan

Kitchen Remodel Help! Awkward Layout!

Nilofur Phan
4 years ago

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are looking to remodel our kitchen however we have a sort of awkward kitchen layout and sort of a conflict on the best way to do this remodel.

Below is the exact layout of my kitchen-the below pictures are actually of a neighbors. The fridge in the below image is currently my pantry. My fridge is where the microwave is in the picture. On the left of the microwave is a set of stairs that lead to a lower level bathroom and living room (second pic).

My husband wants to move the sink and dishwasher to the island. Move the stove to where sink is and move the fridge to the same spot in the above picture.

I want to move the stove to where the bay windows are - board up the middle window. He says it wouldn't work as the ceiling in that area is lower - about 6'-7'. I suggested we get a wall dormer but he believes the ROI would not make sense on the reno.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Below is our kitchen currently. We are planning on making the island as big as the area that stove currently takes of the below picture.

Comment (1)