SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Remind me ... who are our short-haired ladies here?

IdaClaire
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I know April is one, but who else sports a pixie (or near-pixie) haircut? I finally went for it and got mine cut very short -- no more bobbed side pieces, but it's now very short with very long bangs. Although this isn't the first time I've had short hair, it has been two decades since I have, and it's taking some getting used to. I find that I want to wear a little more makeup than before (particularly eyes and lips), and most of all am really enjoying being able to show my earrings off again. (I have 3 piercings on each side, with cartilage piercing in my upper ear on one side in which I wear a stud with two little rectangular diamonds. My earrings were lost and never showed when worn with my sides longer.)

Washing and styling is an absolute BREEZE now. Takes only 2-3 minutes tops. I run a bit of mousse through it and then blow it dry with a large-diameter round brush, going to the opposite side with my bangs and then flipping them back where I want them. Seems to give decent volume.

I find it funny that I've received lots of compliments from the women in my life, while the men generally mumble something like, "Well, it'll grow" -- or, "Wow, that's SHORT." Dorks. ;-) I guess I'm kind of past caring what men think about my hair.

I didn't want to post "real" photos, so rendered myself artfully. Would love to see or hear from other similarly-coiffed ladies with a description of their own styling routine.

Comments (48)