SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_130570107

Help! How to fix a botched bungalow floor plan?

Amy
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We‘re getting close to remodeling and need a little advice. Our 1920’s bungalow has had some weird modifications done that we are considering fixing.

The old pic is the closest I could find to our layout. The prior owners didn’t like that the bedrooms faced the park so they took out the kitchen and divided the two living spaces by building a hall.

The back bedroom room is now the kitchen and the front bedroom is the living room. I dont mind closed concept houses but our family is always bumping into each other in the T shaped hall and all the natural light comes in the now bedrooms leaving the living room and kitchen dark till late afternoon.

Since the house is on 868sqft we’d like to switch it back to the way it originally was and maybe add an addition on the back to get another bedroom.

Pic 1: Comparable to what I’m thinking the original layout was

Pic 2: What our layout is now, though the hall between the bedrooms is only 3ft wide, not 4, I accidentally cut the depth of the porch short. Bay window on the front of our current living room was a later addition and our only window in that room.

Comments (8)