SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Ugh....mouse poop in my car....

always1stepbehind
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I had had issues with mice/rat in my engine area....found droppings. I had washed the engine area out and hadn't notice any droppings. Thought that was great!! I had bought a couple throw pillows and had them in my trunk for while...then I noticed they smelled like a dead mouse. I thought it was the pillows. Took them out and thought the smell would go away. I still noticed mouse smell. Still no mouse/rat evidence in the engine area. hmmmm….I decided to take out the truck/spare tire cover out...thinking the smell was coming from the back of the car...layed down the back seats, opened all the windows...even took it for a spin on the freeway with all the windows open to get plenty of fresh air in there...I continue cleaning out the inside and I notice poop on the drivers side floor, and then also on the passenger side floor. UGH!!!

I park my car outside in an open parking spot. Other neighbors have had the same issues.

The smell is faint dead mouse smell. I will clean out mouse poop and watch for new poop. As gross as this sounds, geez....should I put mouse traps inside my car at night and see what happens. Mice are the one thing that really grosses me out....

ETA: I looked around under the dashboard area and couldn't see anything obvious, I will have my mechanic check it out Tuesday when I go to work...

Comments (47)