SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waverly6

Everything but the kitchen sink. Integrated sinks: Love them or meh?

waverly6
4 years ago

I'm contemplating getting a sink which incorporates cutting boards and colanders to maximize work space. One of my reasons for renovation is to have a long uninterrupted workspace next to the sink. If I go with the integrated accessories I will need a larger sink and larger sink base cabinets and reduce the workspace on the island. For those who have them, do you find you use the accessories or is it a gadget and after a while, you go back to your old cutting boards, colanders and prepping on the countertop?

Is it a pain heaving the accessories out everytime you want to wash or soak the large platters, casserole dishes or big pots?

Do you find that rather than the beautiful walnut cutting board, you land up using smaller cutting boards which can go into the dishwasher? (I like to know that my cutting boards are really clean after use)?

Anyone really love their sinks and couldn't imagine life without them or do you feel that it didn't live up to expectations and you should have gone with a regular large plain sink?

Comments (42)