SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christopher_leier

Cape Cod 2nd Floor Master Bedroom Design Help

Chris
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hey All!

Back again with another addition of, I need design help in my home. But for real, everyone here is amazing and insightful and for that I thank you deeply. The master is in the middle of a slight TLC remodel, nothing too crazy, but needed it badly considering there is stenciled ivy on some walls and all the trim was painted hunter green... I wish I was kidding. Goals of the remodel were to fix some cosmetic defects in the sheetrock (nail pops, settling cracks, etc.), install 2 outlets on the window wall and boxes for wall sconces, new trim and molding all the way around and fresh paint because no one likes ivy stenciling on their walls. The "body work" is coming along nicely and the trim/molding replacement has slowly begun.

My question is about the paint/wall design for the room. It is not very large, but is on the brighter side with the 2 windows. It also has a sloped ceiling on the one side with a dormer, so ceiling height is tight there. My original plan was to do an accent wall on the window wall of shiplap or board and batten painted Hale Navy, the remaining walls a lighter greige and the ceiling a pure white. Before people jump down my throat about shiplap, it was an idea, I am not tied to it, I know JoJo created this monster, I get it. My goal of the accent wall is to 1) bring a little color variation into the room and 2) try and make the room appear taller and larger. My thoughts could have been a huge swing and a miss, which is why I am here.

With those two goals in mind, what do you see my best options being to accomplish those goals. I do really love the Hale Navy color, but It is very dark so maybe not the best idea to use it in that room as an accent color? Also keep in mind, we are planning to install wall mounted sconces in a brushed brass/gold color.

Thoughts are welcomed, in progress pictures are below. Thanks!

Comments (19)