SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebulasko

No hot water with tankless heater!

ebulasko
4 years ago

I have a Rinnai tankless water heater that's been here since I bought the house five years ago and it's always worked great! Then a few weeks ago I started having issues with hot water in the shower only. There was plenty of hot water and good pressure in the kitchen and bathroom faucets and also no problems with the washer. But the shower would be lukewarm for about five minutes and then turn cold. I also noticed the water was getting orange - I have a well and there is a lot of iron in the water - and, even though I'd changed the whole house water filter only two months ago, I changed it yesterday. I also thought, in addition to the dirty filter, that a low water table at this time of year might be contributing. Well, after I changed the filter yesterday, the problem was WORSE and I was getting no hot water at all! Also, the water was just a trickle when I turned the faucets to "hot" yesterday. The cold water was fine, with full pressure. I did read some of the replies here yesterday and checked the Rinnai. There are no error codes but it was set to 120; I turned it down to 115. I was hopeful this morning because I did get hot water for just a few minutes from the bathroom tap but then it ran cold again. I'm going to browse these threads again and see if I can find an answer but thought I'd post my own query, too. I'll also see if I can find the manual.

Comments (3)