SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingridtm

Experience with SIXPENNY Sofa?

ingridtm
4 years ago

We just built a new house, farmhouse style, and are replacing most of the furniture. We live in a very remote area, so we have been looking for sofas online. We have dogs, cats, and kids, so we are most interested in a leather sofa with a chaise. I noticed Sixpenny was a newer company with some very comfy looking sofas - Has anyone purchased from this company? I'd love any info!

Comments (51)

• ingridtm
    Original Author
    4 years ago

mmydesign - I think we are going to go with Maiden Home as well after all the research I did. Can I ask what style you went with and material? Have you received it? Thanks!

• mmydesign
    4 years ago

oh we’ve ended up buying a number of pieces from them now (beds, chair and sofas) but the Dune sofa and Sullivan sectional were the sofas and we love both. The quality is excellent for the price and the service was so genuine. The performance fabrics have been so great too. Their reviews seemed too good to be true but after my experience I can say they were spot on!

• Related Discussions

Pottery Barn Pearce sofa collection - your experience

Q

Comments (49)
    Pleased to report an update! a few weeks ago, i echoed several negative reviews of the Pottery Barn Pearce sectional sofa. after contacting the company and sharing my experience, I am pleased to report that they are making it right! my faith in their customer service has been renewed and strengthened. while I hope they're able to correct the quality issues with this beautiful sofa in the future, I am delighted they are standing by their customer. In the meantime I look forward to trying another sofa with better reviews. I appreciate the positive comments about the PB Basic styles, as im leaning that direction And again, their slip covers are amazing! I will always be a fan!
    ...See More

Has anyone purchased a Sixpenny Neva sectional?

Q

Comments (2)
    does not hold up well - its a cheap mass produced sofa in china and two years in sadly it really shows - cushions totally deflated, frame is creaking and the fabric pilling. i can buy a new slip cover ... wow ... no thanks. get what you pay for i guess...ugh.
    ...See More

Anyone have a poor experience with the IKEA Finnala Sofa?

Q

Comments (0)
    Received the Finnala sofa yesterday and after 24 hours the back cushions have yet to expand. I called Ikea and they said I need to wait the full 72 hours before they can act (time required to expand per instructions). Considering they have not changed in the last 24 hours I seriously doubt anything is going to happen in the next 48 hours… The associate said the only thing they can do is replace the the cushions and that unfortunately there are no non-vacuum sealed options. Considering all 4 of my cushions are experiencing the same problem, I doubt that the replacements will be any different. Looking at the cushion cover, im a bit concerned regarding the general thickness. im not sure that these cussions can be comfortable. can anyone with this couch comment on the comfort of the back cushions? Has anyone else had this experience? What did you do? im considering ordering custom cushions if the replacements suck. Edit: Saw in a review that someone recommended “40350973” as an ideal replacement. Unfortunately I cannot find anything online or on Ikea that matches this ID. Not sure how to go about finding the cushions this user recommended.
    ...See More

Any experience with a Chaddock sofa?

Q

Comments (0)
    I've been searching for a sofa and was showna Chaddock that felt very comfortable. Can't find anything online regarding reviews. Has anyone bought a Chaddock? Would love to hear any experiences and how it has held up.
    ...See More
  • cgpickering1
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@mmydesign I’m also seriously considering the Maiden Home Dune Sofa. I’d love to learn specifics about what you purchased. Could you share some photos? What length did you get? Did you get scatterback or two-back? Feather or Polyfiber fill? And which color and fabric? I’m considering the 90” in the two-back but not sure if I should do feather or poly. And choosing a color is a whole other story. Have you washed your covers in the washing mashing? Any shrinkage or pilling? Sorry for the 20 questions, but I’m having difficulty with online sofa shopping and don’t know who else to ask. Thanks in advance.

• mmydesign
    3 years ago

Hi - I have a 90 inch - its held up great! We did feather and scatterback, its a white fabric but i cant remember the specific name. Fabric/sofa still in great shape - we've only washed it once but looks new and the performance fabric has been very easy to spot clean whenever needed! hope that helps!

• Dee Haverly
    3 years ago

Have a friend with the Devyn and it is wonderful

• skiiru
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Dee, I'm considering the Devyn so I'm glad to hear you like your friend's chair. One of the concerns I have is that the arms look so boxy. Are they uncomfortable to lean against? The rest of the chair looks so comfy and cozy but those arms give me pause.

• JC Miller
    3 years ago

I have the Devyn sofa and the Neva chair. There is nothing uncomfortable about the Devyn (or the Neva).

• skiiru
    3 years ago

Thank you, JC!

• HU-821677223
    3 years ago

I will just say make sure that you pay with a current credit card. Not one that is about to expire. I ordered from Six Penny and had nothing but issues with the return and never received my refund. It was a disaster and very little help from customer service.

• Anna Luck
    3 years ago

why did you return your sixpenny couch?

• Debbie Cope
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

thats a good story and good to know about the benefits of white glove. thank

you for recycling the cardboard and other packing materials!

• M M
    2 years ago

@gina spade, we are deciding between the Gabriel and Amelia. We have young children and wish there was a performance fabric offered. How has stain resistance/clean-up been, and why would you choose the Gabriel over the Amelia? Thank you in advance! Also considering the Pottery Barn SoMa Brady because of similar depth but I don’t like the look as much/no bench seat. However, it does offer performance fabric options.

• Gina Spada
    2 years ago

Hello - what great timing, I have been considering an update to my original post for quite some time, as I'm sure you are aware, actual reviews on Sixpenny are hard to find! As of today I cant say I'd buy this sofa again - Specific reasons being I feel it becomes very sloppy, very quickly. Our sofa has the down cushions, comfortable yes, but the down "shifts" to the ends so that at a minimum, each week, I have to take the main bench cover off, rotate the pad around by shaking, moving the down so that the middle area has as much fill as the ends do. I cannot necessarily speak to the stain resistance as I keep the sofa covered (both the bench seat & both arms) I have two teenagers who are sports enthusiasts so I cannot guarantee they don't have muddy feet, clothing, shoes etc. Agreed that the bench seat is beautiful, I've had a pottery barn slipcovered sofa in the past, will have to say I feel it was better made vs the Sixpenny I currently own. Lastly, I would choose the Gabriel over the Amelia because I think arms on the Gabriel sofa are far chunkier vs the Amelia and I would prefer the slimline arm! Hope this helps!

• M M
    2 years ago

This was so helpful—thank you thank you! I worried about that too, with it getting sloppy looking. I like a casual linen look but there’s a fine line between casual upscale and casual sloppy. I think I will lean toward the Pottery Barn option at this point. Our PB sofa hasn’t held up wonderfully but I can get replacement cushions made and that’s my main beef with PB sofas. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. It’s such an expensive decision and when reviews aren’t available online it makes it next to impossible to know what you’re getting into.

• Luann Grieco
    2 years ago

I am looking to buy two chairs from them its hard to find 100% linen any thoughts on the chairs - I like the Elias Chair pricy but I love Linen - anyone buy chairs from them?

• James Smith
    2 years ago

Adding to this thread: ended up purchasing the aria grande in medium weight linen as it was avail quick ship (I was planning on maiden home Jones but long production timeline). A few weeks in, so here are my current opinions:

• seats and back cushions are firm, which is good for us. Not sink in but supportive and comfortable.
    • linen is nice, I’m curious about long term wear though.
    • depth and height of seats and back have been better than expected for someone 6’4” with back issues
    • have napped and recovered from a medical procedure on it and lots of hours over lots of days and didn’t have any physical issues

Biggest negative similar to other reviews on the internet is with delivery and customer service. I provided notes to both Sixpenny and the delivery partner to help them prepare their teams effectively. The delivery partner they used was awful - would not answer phone or emails, website did not function, would not allow appointment scheduling, and repeatedly lied about attempted deliveries on days they said they’d be coming and on random days they didn’t say they’d be coming. The partner would not allow us to schedule a delivery time so we had to change our schedules multiple times every time they said they’d come by. When they finally delivered, they asked for payment to bring in the house (per above rec we did white glove). Sixpenny refunded the $100, but we had to pay more than that. Then, the delivery team left oil stains on the light colored fabric. Sixpenny will replace with a 6-8 (or longer) week production window, but requires that you return the original within 2 weeks of receipt or be charged in full for the replacement. The couch was delivered about…2 or more weeks from the time it was supposed to be delivered. This means we have to be flexibly available and ensure we are physically able to change the slipcover for months (this is impractical) or be on the hook for the money. This is quite ableist and incompatible with our current life situation. We asked for the same window of time they had for production and delivery, they refused this request.

Summary: while we like the couch, we have difficulty recommend the company - placing liability for the delivery partner’s issues on the customer is inappropriate. Make sure you have lots of life flexibility before you purchase!

• James Smith
    2 years ago

In case you want to know what it looks like, could be helpful for the sloppy factor - this isn’t the couch we use primarily, so this is with casual use over 2-3 weeks.

• josinski
    2 years ago

I have a Gabriel sectional in pearl white. I have 2 cats and a small space. I was super concerned about buying online but am absolutely thrilled. I was expecting a slouchy look and it really isn’t that. Maybe it’s the cotton/linen fabric that is not quite so wrinkly. I find the slipcovers very easy to wash and I do the whole thing monthly. They are not even bad to put back on. I also love being able to move the pieces around easily depending on the look I want. I will be purchasing 2 more pieces soon to make it more of a custom fit to my room. Love..

• Barbara Simmons
    2 years ago

Josinski, I have the Gabriel in canvas because I wanted a tight weave fabric to stand up to my terrier who likes to “dig” on the sofa. Washed a couple of the cushions and they shrank like crazy. Did yours shrink at all? Do they hold up to your cats? Sixpenny suggested ordering a new slipcover in the linen-cotton fabric but before I spend another $1500 on this sectional I’d like to know more about what to expect. Also, do you have poly fill or down? If poly fill, does it compact into a pancake like the down fill does? Thanks so much!

• josinski
    2 years ago

Mine is linen cotton. Pacific Pearl. Yes. They shrink if I dry them (vs line dry..which I can do because I live in California) but I like the shrink. Then they stretch a bit. This fabric has very much a canvas feel but softer. I also bleach it from time to time as my first babies can be, well, dirty! I selected it because of its weight and the cat issue. So far, 7 months, it’s great. I have down. I think the cushions do have a pancakey look but I didn’t want big fluff. I think if you bought fabric and had new slip covers made you would end up more than $1500 in depending on how many pieces you have. I did order 2 more pieces and it is 14 weeks wait. Crazy, but I can’t wait to get them!

• wallace250
    last year

I have 2 Neva 84 inch sofas and I cold washed covers and lined dried. They shrank up they dont even start to fit! I’m beyond livid! Almost $5000 in sofa’s and I can’t use them.

• heather west
    last year

wallace250:

What material are your covers and what color?

• mmydesign
    last year

Ordered a fresh set of swatches from 6P / these are just not great quality fabrics and i definitely question their durability. maybe maybe good for a very entry level option but overally im unimpressed. im speaking specificaly about the linen and canvas options not the faux furs/leathers which i didnt try.

• S S
    last year
    last modified: last year

We have the Elias sofa and two Elias chairs in beachwalk cotton canvas. I LOVE THEM!!! I was worried about the canvas being too stiff, but it isn’t at all. We ordered the free fabric swatches and the canvas was best for our lifestyle(2 dogs, 2 kids). The pieces are all very sturdy and feel well made. Some folks complain about the down being compacted after a bit and slipcovers shrinking. There website is very informative, but you have to read it! There is a section of the website called the ”Library”. In the library you can find a section called Getting to know your Sixpenny. It clearly tells you what to expect. It says down needs to be plumped up every once in awhile, so that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. It also said that dry cleaning is recommended for the slipcovers. They state that they have succesfully machine washed them but don’t recommend doing so because every washer is different. I have not machine washed mine.

We paid the extra $100 for white glove delivery and it was well worth it. The furniture was brought in and placed where we wanted it. All of the packing materials were hauled away. The whole process was very quick.

• maymaeo
    last year

I have a neva sofa from sixpenny in down. I would not recommend this couch. I like the way it looks but i feel as though I am sitting on the frame. I added a down comforter underneath and it hasnt helped. The quality doesnt match the price.

• Michelle
    last year

fabrics wear poorly and are rough. cam feel the frame when I sit down - its not all horrible, just not high quality. id say this sofa is in line with joybird if looking for a comp- better than ikea but below a crate and barrel. wouldnt recommend.

• Gabrielle B
    last year

@gina spada how’s your couch holding up almost a year later?

• Gina Spada
    last year

@Gabrielle B - Thanks for the request! Still, to this day, its difficult to find vast reviews (in a balanced/non influencer) format regarding these sofas! As of today, I'm still not in love, and on some days I border intense dislike/hate lol - Had I known then, what I know now, and is mentioned by others (sitting on the frame/super uncomfortable/dishelved/etc) I'd have never purchased - Pasting my review from 8 months ago below as its likely hidding in commentary somewhere on this thread -

Happy to post an updated pic of the item when I get back to the house - In the end, giving credit where credit is due - I will say I feel it washes quite well, noting I'm in California where I try to always line dry most everything - washed in cold in a miele washer (gentle cycle) line dry on a crisp sunny day it comes out of the wash and reassembles pretty well! That being said, that benefit puts it no where close to enough to get me to purchase any of their products again - @Michelle is spot on in her commentary - its not the worst sofa in the world but far far far from the best and far from long term comfortable! @maymaeo is correct in that that the quality doesnt match the price!

Previous post from 8 months ago -

Hello - what great timing, I have been considering an update to my original post for quite some time, as I'm sure you are aware, actual reviews on Sixpenny are hard to find! As of today I cant say I'd buy this sofa again - Specific reasons being I feel it becomes very sloppy, very quickly. Our sofa has the down cushions, comfortable yes, but the down "shifts" to the ends so that at a minimum, each week, I have to take the main bench cover off, rotate the pad around by shaking, moving the down so that the middle area has as much fill as the ends do. I cannot necessarily speak to the stain resistance as I keep the sofa covered (both the bench seat & both arms) I have two teenagers who are sports enthusiasts so I cannot guarantee they don't have muddy feet, clothing, shoes etc. Agreed that the bench seat is beautiful, I've had a pottery barn slipcovered sofa in the past, will have to say I feel it was better made vs the Sixpenny I currently own. Lastly, I would choose the Gabriel over the Amelia because I think arms on the Gabriel sofa are far chunkier vs the Amelia and I would prefer the slimline arm! Hope this helps!

• Gabrielle B
    last year

Thank you for proving an update! I was inclined not to go forward and my instinct feels spot on. This is SUCH a hard journey for no apparent reason!

• vwbaylor
    last year

I so wanted to buy the Sixpenny Neva loveseat in linen. I ordered the swatches. They had a Labor Day sale, 20% off, yeah, perfect timing! Off I went to order it with two extra slipcovers, entered the cc info and thought, “Wait it’s in a small room w/o doors so how big is the opening?” It is 28”, Neva looked a tad bigger, chatted at length w customer service online. She said maybe we could remove the feet and even getting white glove I’d have a return fee, & other issues because the delivery drivers couldn’t remove the legs, and other liability issues, I could picture the drama.
    So, I Googled other slipcover sofas that resemble the Sixpenny Neva and found something almost exactly like it at IKEA—the newly USA released Bäcksalen. The cost was 1/3 less with two covers and I can get a linen cover made at Comfort Works for far cheaper than Sixpenny. I’m not thrilled about A-Not having a bench seat. B-Can’t get down filling. C-It’s IKEA the quality must be subpar and it doesn’t have that lived-in natural look.
    I am however glad I can put it together quickly it seems, it was in stock at my local store and that I didn’t get something I’d regret spending about as much as my custom, American made leather sofa (with all the Neva slipcovers) and I wasn’t sure would fit through that inside doorway.
    I really wanted the Madein Home Dune loveseat but the fabric samples have a very off putting smell. I’ll have a 37-years old parrot in that room, once I move-in and Scotch Guard, Teflon gas, etc. drop parrots in mere hours.
    Looks like neither would have made it into that room anyway.
    I feel better seeing these reviews here because as someone said finding reviews on Sixpenny, where they haven’t given an influencer a free sofa is almost unheard of, not sure how I finally found it now!

• Any Patel
    last year

Here’s the review i wrote on redditt…

7/7/22- Eight hours in on our Amelia L sectional. Paid $3800 all in which I found very reasonable compared to the other options that fit my space.

We didn’t do white glove and I found the unpacking and carry in easy enough (wide doorways and no stairs).

Sofa sits very upright but results in nice narrow profile. So far seems comfy to us.

Linen is a bit rough compared to our formal Belgium linen sofa but expecting it to soften. I am a touch worried about how it handles life, dirt, etc.

The seat height and back height feel good. We are 5’6’ and 5’9’

Arms are the width of a 2x4 which I like - not too big or small. Does require a pillow to lay head comfortably against. My kids sit on and climb over the arms. We’ll see how they hold up.

Ordered Oatmeal linen and it goes perfectly with my Ben Moore revere pewter walls.

Also, my child JUST bled on the new sofa as I typed this so we’ll see how stain removal goes…. Sigh.

Update: The blood was several spots from a scratched bug bite. Used a tiny bit of laundry detergent mixed in cool water to dab the spots. Poured water through each dabbed spot to wash out detergent. Blood stain not noticeable now.

7/30/22 update -

One month in and happy with the Amelia. Great for our space. Ordered two more pieces to turn the L sectional into a C to fill our whole room.

Wear - The back cushions are starting to crease / squish down a bit because my kids sit on them (?) but they look fine with a small fluff and rotate to another spot to spread the squish love.

I do have linen towels (that match the sofa) over the two cushions where my kids sit to play games to deal with their love of Takis - luckily no orange on sofa yet.

9/9/22 update -

Alls good so far - granted i keep linen towels that match the sofa, spread over the most used seats to guard against the young kids. Treated the sofa with scotch guard with no adverse impact. Still happy with the purchase.

Linen is still a bit scratchy but the sectional holds a crowd and makes me smile when i see it in the space.

I sometimes wish it was a couple inches deeper in the seat but the narrow depth works really well in our small den so its a reasonable trade.

Still waiting on the two additional pieces to turn our L Amelia sectional into a C sectional….

• Faire Stanley
    last year

I ordered the Aria sofa for our TV room hoping for a soft and comfy lounge feeling. I have neither. Eight months later, it feels like you're sitting on a brick. When I called the company to ask about this he told me since I ordered the down fill I would need to fluff them daily in order for them to feel soft. They also make a crunchy sound when you sit on them which he told me would eventually go away with daily fluffing. These cushions are large and heavy and daily fluffing is quite a chore. In addition the medium weight linen is not soft though I keep waiting for them to soften up as promised. I will say the fabric holds up well with my cats and dog. Finally, the black pepper color is beautiful but I tried to spot clean one area and now there is a noticeable lighter area. I would not buy a Sixpenny again. My 15 year old sofa in performance fabric which we stuck in the basement is still my favorite! Ugh!

• hatshepsut7
    last year

After over a year of research (in store and online: Crate and Barrel, CB2, Restoration Hardware, Arhaus, Rove Concepts, West Elm, Maiden Home and a few other instagram promoted ”cloud couch” dupes - one which I impulse bought and immeditaley felt buyers remorse. Thankfully it was a pre-order, the company issued me full refund. I immeditaly decided to roll the dice and splurge on the sectional I couldn’t stop thinking about: the Sixpenny Aria Grande.

Purchased the Aria Grande Sectional Chaise with Medium Weight Linen in Warm Oatmeal during their Black Friday 20% off sale. Made sure to tack on the White Glove service - read the website FAQs top to bottom, and it was a no brainer. I live in a mid-rise condominon with one elevator and didn’t want the headache. Was quoted a 12-15 week production time.

Got the email at the end of February that my sectional was in the area and preparing for the delivery the first week of March.

Setting up my delivery appointment was easy. But I have a demanding job - I asked my Dad for help to simply oversee the delivery team since neither me or my boyfriend could get the time off.

I have to agree the 3rd Party deliver affiliate was HORRIBLE. Thank goodness my Dad was there to make sure they washed their hands (they showed up covered in black grease and dirt) before handling anything, and put each piece correctly together (they mixed up some of the slip covers before being corrected).

Overall, this sofa is exactly what I wanted. it‘s incredibly comfortable and massive. I’m 5’1 for reference. It’s like having a bed in my living room. My boyfriend is 6’4 and tends to black-out on it often.

Taking the advice of Sixpenny, I do make a point to fluff the cushions after a good lounging. Also, a hand steamer is recommended to keep the linen crisp and smooth - the ”sloppy“ look is linen being linen if you well, sit on it for extended periods. Wrinkling and bunching is a given: a little fluff and some steam does the trick.

I accidentally stained one of the cushions with purple cappage. I dabbed the stain with cold water and pre-treated the area with laundry detergent; washed the slip cover on cold and air dryed for a full day. Good as new. No shrinkage.

There’s a full guide on the Sixpenny website on types of stains and which fabrics / colors are ok to machine wash or if dry clean only.

Also spot treated a tiny hot sauce stain - it came right out without having to remove and wash it.

I will consider purchasing another slipcover set in a dark color in the future. Hoping to keep this couch forever.

The quality in my opinion is 10/10 - would purchase again in a heartbeat.

• Melanie Monteiro
    last year

Hi hatshepsut7, can I ask if you have the down or poly fill? I have my eye on the Aria L sectional (the "Short" size, in Beach Walk cotton canvas) for a second home that will be a part-time rental, so I was thinking the poly fill might be less of a hassle and also better for potential renters with allergies. I'm seeing some people think the down is not comfortable, but have not seen what anyone has said about the poly fill?

• stacyn626
    last year

I have the Melo chairs in the Jasmine Rice medium linen. I came on here to find out if anyone had success with washing vs dry cleaning. Sounds like maybe it's not a good idea to wash. A some say yes to washing and a some say they shrink even when line dried. Anyway, we really love the chairs and we find them to be super comfortable. They are down filled but they have a foam core and some poly fiber in the cushions as well. We have had them for about six months and they are used daily and look great.

Not sure if I would purchase a couch though by some of these comments.

• HU-918119203
    9 months ago

Bumping this thread for any updates/additional thoughts. I was seriously considering Sixpenny based on recommendation from a friend, who says her interior designer often specs them, and th prices are good plus the washable slipcover in natural fibers is appealing, versus a performance fabric. But I'm concerned about some of what I'm hearing here, especially the idea that down cusions need to fluffed constantly. I have down wrapped furniture custom made by Lee Industries and it rarely needs fluffing. Also curious if there is consensus on good alternatives to Sixpenny in this price point. One thing I'm considering is plain ole Pottery Barn's Made in America sofas, which I believe are manufactured by Lee.

• Gabrielle B
    9 months ago

Fwiw we went with Room&Board and have been happy with every item. I think we have 4-5 couches - you can check manufacturers for each item. Great CS. I know not as popular for fabricated goods. I considered Maiden Home but had concerns about customer service long term since still feels like a newer company.

• HU-721570387
    8 months ago

i think sixpenny is more akin to a west elm, its a fine entry level sofa but the quality/details are average and what you'd expect for a more entry level brand.

I'd certainly put a Maiden Home, Lee, Serena and Lily or even an RH over them from a deisgn, quality, brand, service standpoint but im not sure how they all compare on price. I've purchaed the Maiden Home Leonard which is also a slip cover and been very happy with it from service to delivery to the sofa itself.

• Doreen Avila
    7 months ago

I purchased The Elias sofa with ottoman it’s beautiful very well made . But it had a very strong odor when they unpacked it . Like paint ! I aired some of it outside took slip covers off but it was from foam we got the polyvegan fill . We are sadly returning it . Wonderful customer service . But the smell nope it’s less but it’s there .

• sfinneran1
    4 months ago

help!! i currently have a potterybarn pb comfort sectional, weve had it for years and it has held up beautifully , we need a new slipcover and i swear the price of a replacemnet is as much as a new sofa from someplace else , so i was considering the slip covered sectional from sixpenney , will i be making a huge mistake? and be sorry? its just so hard to spend that kind of money on just a slip cover only

• stacyn626
    4 months ago

If you do go with sixpenny I wouldn't buy it in the Jasmine Rice fabric- medium linen. I really love this fabric and the color but I would definitely go with something that doesn't say you could wash but dry cleaning is recommended. I haven’t had to clean my chair covers yet. I'm pretty sure I will have to have them dry cleaned.

• stacyn626
    3 months ago

Update on my comment above. I washed my slipcovers on the gentle cycle and they came out great. I have four chairs covers and washed each cover separately. The 4 cushion covers together and then another load with just the 4 lumbar pillow covers together. I hung them to almost (slightly damp) dry as the instructions said and tossed them in the dryer for about 3 to 4 minutes. Long process but so glad it worked out. I wanted to share since I couldn't find anything on anyone's personal washing experience.

• Mary C. Dalton
    3 months ago

I have the 84" Neva sofa. Very comfortable and I like the look (I don't mind fluffing the cushions as needed). HOWEVER, I found that the lightweight linen started to rip after only two years of moderate use. Very disappointed, since I can't afford another $1000 cover. Currently, I'm using a linen throw over the sofa, and trying to see what it would cost to have a cover custom-made.

• Common Cents
    3 months ago

I just received the Gabriel chair and ottoman, in jasmine rice medium weight linen. The material is different between the chair and the ottoman. The Chair is soft, slightly wrinkled, and exactly the color of the swatch that was sent to me. In contrast, the ottoman is rough, flatter in texture, and lighter. There was a swatch attached to the ottoman box, which is different than the swatch sent to me as well (it matches the ottoman, not the chair). For all of us pissed that product quality and customer service has plummeted as our nation's production transferred to China, you know how frustrating and angering this is. Before purchasing, I spent months searching for furniture pieces to my liking, delving into reviews, communicating with representatives, obtaining swatches. Boxes and packing everywhere now, and now I must deal with EMAIL communication to CHIpenny to get this resolved because they don't have humans on the phone.

• stacyn626
    3 months ago

Oh no, I can see the difference:( I have the same fabric on my chairs. You will love it when you get it taken care of. I contacted them before my purchase and I believe I talked to someone in California and it wasn't a problem. I hope you get it sorted out. What a disappointment.

• Hannah Spring
    3 months ago

I ordered the Gabriel sofa in the cotton canvas fabric and have been very disappointed with it.

Cons: The fabric is stiff and uncomfortable. The back is so low and the arms so tall/narrow that its not suitable for lounging. Its nearly impossible to spot clean/remove stains. The slipcover shrinks massively every time we wash it, even with air drying. Theres now an approx 5 inch gap between the bench cushion and arm on either side.

Pros: Sixpenny agreed to send us a replacement slipcover (after a ton of back and forth). It looks great in our space but given how uncomfortable it is, and how hard it is to keep clean, I wish i would have gone with PB york or Maiden Home Dune

• Common Cents
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

*UPDATE* to my initial Gabriel chair and ottoman comment. Once I got a human on the phone (you must email and leave phone messages before you get a human), it was the quality control gal. I don't know if she is a manager or supervisor, but quality control is her niche. She listened to every word of my concern, and she found my issue to be totally understandable and worthy of remediation. She offered that I keep my pieces, wait on all new slip covers that she will have observed for quality, and then I will return the original covers once I get the replacements. The issue is that the fabric is not the quality or color that I received in the swatch I ordered before I purchased the furniture. I pre ordered a swatch of jasmine rice, which was soft, rich in color, and the weave was noticeable. The fabric that came to me on the furniture pieces is rough, lighter in color, and tight weave without space in the weave. She explained that dye and fabric processing may not be consistent, so she affirmed my concern and was quick to provide a solution. I was mind blown. The respect I received made me nostalgic of yesteryear's customer service. I haven't been treated with such proper customer since before the globalist insanity infected our culture in 2016, after which we began being treated like scum peasants by anyone whose job it is to provide service to paying patrons. Currently, I am waiting for the slip covers, and I will update this review when I see the quality of the fabric. I hope things work out, because I'd like to purchase other pieces. NOW, ABOUT THE GABRIEL CHAIR (THIS PROBABLY GOES FOR THE SOFA AS WELL) - LISTEN UP. The website says the seat height is 17.5 inches. In reality, it is no more than 16. I suggest adding padding under the seat cushion for a bit of height, because the chair base dips down.

• Common Cents
    2 months ago

Does anyone have experience with the ZIKI sofa and chairs?

• HU-210968527
    last month

Would not buy again. Our sofa developed a hole on the front of a seat cushion within three months of purchasing it. I reached out to customee service and was told it was likely caused by “friction between clothing and the couch fabric“ and because it was in a ”high traffic area”. I didn’t realize it was my fault for simply sitting on my couch.