SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
divachar

Open Concept 80/20 Mix...

divachar
4 years ago

I’ve already opened up the living areas and am now working my way to the side of the house that has the bedrooms / bathroom and my beloved new home office.

Here’s the question... in my 80/20 mix open concept is being treated as 80% modern with 20% classical underpinnings in the form of moldings, I’m being very careful and deliberate about how I marry these throughout. OK... when you go to my office and come around the corner I was initially going to put double doors as a entry which would mirror the opposite end of the hallway leading into master bedroom, but in my office as you approach there will be a full wall of glass in that I’m doubling the window and while things are gutted I’ve been contemplating having no door/s to enter into the office, I’m thinking of leaving a 4’ wide opening right to the ceiling to go in there. The moldings in there will run at the ceiling across the bookcase where it meets the ceiling.

What are your thoughts? Should I leave it so when you turn the corner you will be met by all this light OR should I keep it mirroring the opposite ends with it’s framed doors + there will be a half bath and two closets that will also be framed with the same doors. I will try and attach a photo here, mine will in places be double doors and in places a single door.

Very interested in hearing from my FAVE HOUZZ PEEPS!

Comments (7)