SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rwbil

Kitchen Cabinet Layout

rwbil
4 years ago

Looking for some suggests to improve the kitchen layout. The first picture is a 2D sketch of the current layout. It is a U shaped room with a hallway on 2 sides, LR in front and garage on the other 4th side. The back side with the dishwasher is 147" with a wall that is 64" wide and the rest is open space. The right is 83" wide.

The next 3 photos are of the current layout.

I am replacing these old cabinets with White Shaker kitchen cabinets. Not shown is there is a pantry in the hallway adjacent to kitchen to store food products. Some issue with current layout that I want to fix are:

1 There is not much cabinet space,

2) They used blind cabinets at both lower ends and the top right,

3) The sink is in the closed off area and want to move it out more to the middle of the open area.

I plan to extend the new granite out to create an breakfast bar in the open area.

Tried several layouts and here is the one I like the best so far followed by 3D perspectives. As you can see the sink has been moved out so a large 36" upper cabinet is where the old sink use to be. There is now on the wall an angle cabinets as opposed to the blind cabinet. In the corners I have put 2 lazy susans. But I am concerned that lazy susans might not be the best for pots and pans and there is no great room for them.

One thought is to eliminate the right side lazy susan and just have a dead area in that corner and then next to that would be a 24" double cabinet instead of a 15" cabinets and that would provide for more pots and pan space.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments (29)