SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelkes

What living room furniture should I replace?

Keli O
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

My living room needs a refresh, and I can’t decide what to keep and what to get rid of. I have a few pieces I like, especially the antique church pew.

I was thinking about replacing the black leather sofa with a white slip-covered one to lighten things up.

Also considering reupholstering the wing chair, or trying a slip cover. The upholstery is in great condition, it's just not really my style. This is my favorite chair to sit in.

What about the IKEA shelves? They are very functional but are not high-quality material. If I did replace them, what would go there? I store all the kids school papers in the cabinets.

I have a chair I was thinking about swapping in for the rocker that’s nice and low, but more of a mid century style with rattan that I would reupholster.

I definitely want to replace the floor lamp. Any suggestions on style? The room has a lot of different styles going on, which I like, but can be tricky.

Please be honest and let me know what you love and hate about this room so I can decide what to keep and what to replace. Thank you!!

Comments (103)