SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threeboxerlover

Advice for a Newbie on Choosing a Fragrant Rose

I've posted a couple times, been a lurker for a while and this year I planted a couple rose bushes that seem to be doing really well (although not blooming like some of the photos I see on here!). Anyway, they are lovely but they don't have any real fragrance. I thought it was my nose, so I had my daughters smell and they don't really find them fragrant either. I have Julia Child (my absolute favorite - I'm in love with this bush!!), soul sister (still a baby bush), Drop Dead Red and a Drift rose. I would like to get some roses for other areas of my backyard (for next year) and am wondering if anyone can suggest a rose that most people find fragrant? I'd like to put it by my patio door so when you walk out, it's there for all to smell!! The area faces South/Southeast so it gets sun pretty much all day and has zero shade, including in the afternoon. The bushes I have now also get all day sun but there is a big oak tree that provides some dappled shade in the morning/early afternoon. Thank you very much for any suggestions!

Bobbi

Comments (37)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!