SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elmerjfudd

To fans of supplements, vitamins, and other unproven alternative stuf

Elmer J Fudd
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I saw a piece in Yahoo News (which I usually ignore) concerning this FDA news release. Apparently there's a substance touted in various places on the internet as a treatment for a variety of things, including autism, cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and flu. The problem is, it's a liquid that contains bleach and it's very dangerous to drink.

The key phrase that caught my attention in the release was " The FDA is not aware of any scientific evidence supporting the safety or effectiveness of .....".

This should be the standard people use to look after themselves and their health. Anything outside of this standard, whether it's herbal alternative medicines, supplements, a chiropractor or whatever, unless recommended by a medical doctor, is simply hoping and wishing. At best a waste of money and time and at worst, dangerous. People who sell bogus products and in-person "treatment services"of various out of the mainstream kinds know very well that they're taking advantage of people's fears, concerns, and inability to disprove what they allege and they continue doing what they do anyway. For them, it's all about money, not a true concern for the well being of their patients/customers.

FDA release

Yes, stuff is misspelled, the heading exceeded the number of available characters.

Comments (25)