They fixed it. :)

sjerin

Last night and today I haven't been able to comment--for awhile I couldn't even sign in. I'm doing the hotel hunt and really needed a break, so I came here to read. Couldn't comment. Has anyone else had this problem?

SaveComment18Like
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chisue

Couldn't link as usual to KT or Hot Topics just now. 5:30 p.m. Central Daylight Saving Time

Save    
jkayd_il5

Yes, I cant comment on the daylily site. I'm ok here. So Why??

Save    
maifleur01

About 5 I left Houzz to look at something and received a message at the top of the page about debug in process. I have not seen it again.

Save    
joyfulguy

Haven't had problem entering, reading or texting, early Tues. evening, eastern time.

ole joyful

Save    
pb32

There is chaos all over various forums here, with not a peep from anyone who is - allegedly anyway - in charge.

Save    
patriceny

I'm having some significant problems today too. The format of forums is randomly changing every time I click around, and I've been unable to post in a few forums. Clearing my cache isn't working, and it's happening across 2 different browsers.

Hot Topics seems to be a bigger un-moderated free-for-all than usual too. Seems the cat is away and some mice are having a field day.....

Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

My font keeps changing and Home Dec. discussions has disappeared again.

Save    
sjerin

Well, I spoke too soon. Right after I posted (and probably cleared history,) I wasn't able to comment again. Same this morning until right after I wrote yet again to Houzz. I just received a reply asking me to send a screenshot, but I don't have the problem at this time.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

The only problem I have had is unable to post pictures occasionally. Everything else has been normal but I have not been on that much lately. I think a lot has to do with if you come in with the gardenweb.com address or the houzz.com one. I always use the gardenweb. For example this is the current address in my browser for this thread

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5767224/they-fixed-it

Save    
OutsidePlaying

Well it’s not unmoderated over here and I haven’t had any problems (I will knock on wood here).

My post about mdln’s post was deleted the other day, again I suppose because she dared to repost the link about doctors and their issues. Apparently the person with the problem didn’t read beyond the first paragraph or two because the remainder of the article was totally unrelated to the lead-in sentences.

Why don’t you, whoever you are, reveal yourself and state your issue?

Save    
patriceny

I always come in on gardenweb.com. Doesn't matter. I keep getting switched back and forth between GW and Hoazz. It's almost dizzying. The font and layout switches back and forth with each click of the mouse. And like sjerin, I keep losing the comment box....

Save    
desertsteph

I don't know what they fixed... but for several days now when I click on my link (in favorites) for KT, I don't get KT. I get other forums on H. What is the problem? Today it has gone to several other forums. I tried to find that Hot Topic forum but couldn't find it on the list to the left of the screen. it wasn't listed and I scanned thru them all.

just not easy to find other forums on here. It's become a pain.

Save    
gadgets

I thought it was just me. I have the KT bookmarked. I clicked on that bookmark, and it took me to another forum and I wasn't logged in. I logged in but still nothing. After I closed out Firefox and then reopened, it's been okay ever since. I hope it stays fixed. I hate when I want to take a quick break, only to have all kinds of problems.

Save    
sjerin

Huh. The box just this second appeared, though it wouldn't for the last few hours. Apparently the IT gals and guys are on vacation. So frustrating.

Save    
desertsteph

I clicked on that bookmark, and it took me to another forum.

earlier today when I managed to get to KT I resaved the link and just now when I clicked on it, it did pull up KT. maybe the links got changed. I'll see if it still brings me here tomorrow.

Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

I just went looking for Hot Topics and it seems to have left the building. Houzz seems to be a real mess these days. My type is still tiny and pictures are still very small. I'm getting tired of the nonsense.

Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

Now I'm beginning to wonder if they are thinking about consolidating some forums. For instance, The Kitchen Table has "Home and Garden Discussions" as its title on my computer, once opened it has KT. ?? No conversation side for HD either.

Save    
patriceny

Schoolhouse - HD conversations is still there. Lars just cross posted with it. :) Click on his thread and then you should be able to get to HD conversations from there.

I don't think there is a method to the madness. The wheels are coming off the bus for some reason but I don't think any of this is purposeful actions. Seems to be some coding and bug issues.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: Show Us Your Nutty Home Fixes
If you've masterminded a solution — silly or ingenious — to a home issue, we want to know
Full Story
Most Popular You Showed Us: 20 Nutty Home Fixes
We made the call for your Band-Aid solutions around the house, and you delivered. Here's how you are making what's broken work again
Full Story
Moving 10 Easy Fixes for That Nearly Perfect House You Want to Buy
Find out the common flaws that shouldn’t be deal-breakers — and a few that should give you pause
Full Story
For more than twenty years, Steadfast Construction has been setting the standard for excellence as a custom... Read More
T.J. Gilbride Architects, Inc. is a full-service architectural design firm specializing in high quality custom... Read More