Shooting of two ICE offices in San Antonio was a ‘targeted attack'

Carro

Shooting of two ICE offices in San Antonio was a ‘targeted attack,’ FBI officials say

"FBI officials say shootings of two offices for Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Antonio early Tuesday morning were a “targeted attack” against employees, media outlets report.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Christopher Combs said an unknown number of shooters fired bullets at two neighboring ICE offices where federal employees were still at work about 3 a.m., according to KSAT.

No injuries were reported, and police were still looking for suspects, media outlets report.

The shots were potentially fired from across an interstate, shattering windows, police said, according to the San Antonio Express News.

Though the offices are located in commercial buildings with other businesses, Combs said it was obviously an attack on ICE officials, and bullets nearly hit a federal official, according to KSAT.

“I don’t think there is a question that they knew which floor the ICE office is on,” Combs said at a news conference, according to KSAT. “To fire indiscriminately into any building is not an act of a protest but an act of violence.”

The building is mostly used by executive and administrative officials, according to WOAI. The FBI is watching surveillance video and reviewing evidence, the San Antonio TV station reported.

FBI officials say they’re concerned there could be more attacks, WOAI reported.

An ICE official blamed “misinformation” spread about the agency by politicians, media and activists, according to KVUE.

“ICE officers put their lives on the line each and every day to keep our communities safe,” Daniel Bible, the San Antonio field office director of enforcement and removal operations, said in a statement to KVUE. “This disturbing public discourse shrouds our critical law enforcement function and unnecessarily puts our officers’ safety at risk.”

SaveComment58Like
Comments (58)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elvis

Yikes. So glad no one was hit. More prog left, Antifa-type violence. SMH. They obviously don't see these men and women as human.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Carro
Kathy

No injuries were reported from the shooting. It is unclear whether the ICE office was targeted or if it was a random attack.

1 Like Save    
Olychick

No one should be shooting at anyone and there is no evidence that the shooters were progressives or that ICE was even a target.

But that's rich, claiming that about the shooters not seeing ICE folks as human when it's the ICE folks who are carrying out policies which don't see asylum seekers as human.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Riiiiiiiiiight. I guess every LEO following the law doesn't see criminals as human. Hmm. That's a bit to take in.

I'll need a minute.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Um, Kathy, did you even read the OP?

"FBI officials say shootings of two offices for Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Antonio early Tuesday morning were a “targeted attack” against employees, media outlets report.

were a “targeted attack”

were a “targeted attack”

were a “targeted attack”

were a “targeted attack”

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Actually that is true, it is an update to the article I read which said they didn’t know if it was random because the shots came from across an Xway. Maybe they have decided to classify it as targeted after all.

Save    
Carro

3 Likes Save    
margaritadina

I don't think it was Antifa.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

So, this statement from the FBI is a good one, per some TrumpFans.

But the one about growing dangers from white supremacists isn't.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Local news is reporting one injury (unknown) and one suspect in custody.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Carro
Carro

Thanks, lurker. I didn't know there was an injury.

Save    
lurker111

The suspect was released.

News4 San Antonio

1 Like Save     Thanked by Carro
adoptedbyhounds

Bill Barr is trying to fast track the death penalty for criminals who murder law enforcement. It's about time.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Carro
graywings123(7)

Let's keep in mind that "there are good people on both sides."

Save    
PRO
2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump said there were good people on both sides at a White Supremacist march.

Save    
queenmargo

Thanks for that video Joseph- it spells it out in plain common sense. They will not believe it as they have to hold on to the fake news to justify their hate. The left has twisted everything they can to give the illusion that Trump is a racist.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

PragerU

Who makes videos using slanted info. Designed to misinform.

Paid for by those who frack.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

White Supremacists marching and shouting “Jews will not replace us” are good people? If that’s how Trumpers think I guess they do think there were good on both sides. Trump was very careful not to denounce his White Supremacist followers lest he lose some voters.

Save    
queenmargo

Trump said there were good people on both sides at a White Supremacist march.

Speaking to the protesters Kathy, not the KKK and Antifa. Don't think Trump would say Antifa are fine people.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

White Supremacists marching and shouting “Jews will not replace us” are good people? If that’s how Trumpers think I guess they do think there were good on both sides.

I don't think Trump would think those are fine people as his son-in -law is Jewish and so are his grandchildren. Seriously?

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The Friday night protest was all about keeping Robert E Lee there? Right? Trump insisted he was talking about the Friday night protest.

Why did they chant the words of Nazis in that protest (Friday) that Trump found 'so fine'?

PS: or maybe Trump didn't hear the words?

Save    
queenmargo

Why did they chant the words of Nazis in that protest (Friday) that Trump found 'so fine'?

Maybe the KKK people chanted. Maybe even some of the protesters? NOT ALL of the protesters. Why is this so hard to understand. You want to take SOME and turn them into ALL. There were SOME bad and SOME good people.

Save    
queenmargo

Some of the protesters who wanted to keep the statue did not want to erase history. That does NOT make them a RACIST!

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Yes, what is hard to understand?

#Trump said he studied the Friday night videos.

#He said he watched a lot of video very carefully.

# the Friday night protest had a lot of chanting.

# the chanting included Nazi chants

# how could Trump miss the chanting? It was part of the protest

Golly - the chants might not make them racists' but it makes them Nazis

1 Like Save    
lurker111

All of these protests are staged by the left. Paid actors on both sides. It's all a show from the dnc.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The chants had no clear connection to REL

(TRUMP says they were protesters loyal to history - he would know of that DNC connection - unless you think Trump is a tool)

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Wonder if margie agrees

Doesn't put Trump in a good place.

Save    
queenmargo

Why would good people put themselves in situations where they can be linked to the KKK or white supremacists? There are plenty of other opportunities to exercise your right to free speech without standing next to the guys who like the white hoods.

Same can be said for Antifa- why would they stand with them. They came to protest the removal of a statue, not to stand with the KKK.

1 Like Save    
Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The two dominate chants in 2017 were

‘Jews Will Not Replace Us’

‘Blood and Soil’

Save    
queenmargo

Trump: "Those people -- all of those people – excuse me, I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue of Robert E. Lee.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Ahh, margie - you have skipped over lots of what Trump said.

The context is lost by doing that. Besides - Trump ignores the chanting which was a major part of the protest.

Save    
PRO
Joseph Corlett, LLC

"Trump said there were good people on both sides at a White Supremacist march."

Kathy:

Please click on the provided links before commenting. Your comment is false. Click on the proof, please.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment. But there are two sides to

Save    
lurker111

I believe this thread is about the left shooting up 2 ICE offices in San Antonio. Not some silly staged protest in another state. Nice try. Your agenda is showing.

Save    
artemis_ma

Sounds targeted to me.

Save    
artemis_ma

Elvis, after reading your comment, Yikes. So glad no one was hit. More prog left, Antifa-type violence. SMH. They obviously don't see these men and women as human.

not going to read the rest of this thread. Obviously there are outliers from human dignity on both sides of the widening divide. Because I seriously don't want to spend this morning banging my head into a wall. Read the news more efficiently. Please?

Save    
PRO
Joseph Corlett, LLC

Here's more leftist narrative destruction. He never mocked the disabled reporter either.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

If you can’t look at a that video and think he wasn’t mocking a reporter you are a victim of gaslighting.

Save    
Kathy

Joseph, I listened to Trump. I don’t need to listen to some gaslighter to tell me what he meant when he was talking.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Strange how Trump hasn't repeated those hand gestures since the campaign.

Save    
PRO
Joseph Corlett, LLC

Kathy: Please refute the points in the link. Thanks.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Video link needs refuting?

How about considering multiple sources?

Save    
chase_gw

There were two press conferences.......aren't those words from the first one, the one read from a teleprompter. The other words were spoken at an impromptu presses where Trump went off the rails....at least that is my recollection but may have it wrong.

Save    
Kathy

I don’t consider your links legitimate. My own eyes are better than some gaslighter. Got it?

Save    
lurker111

Strange how Trump hasn't repeated those hand gestures since the campaign

You didn't watch the video.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

What dates go with the examples?

From 2018? 2019?

I'll look them up.

Save    
lurker111

I don’t consider your links legitimate. My own eyes are better than some gaslighter. Got it?

lol! Yeah. We understand. lol!

Save    
lurker111

On other news, crazy liberal(s) shot up 2 ICE offices in San Antonio. Again, due to the insane hate speech from the left.

Save    
heri _ cles

Elvis stated: It's almost scary how easily led these people are. What is scary is that they vote, drive, and procreate. Shudder.

No Elvis, Fox viewers and Trumpers have been misled over and again. The Confederate (statue) rally was promoted by White Supremacist groups. If there were "very good people" protesting anywhere within earshot of those chanting "Jews will not replace us," wearing swastikas and carrying Tiki torches like they were at a Klan rally, they would have picked up and left.

Trump's comment was outrageous and indefensible. Son of Klanman was, in a round about way, trying to rehabilitate the memory of his racist father, who donned the white hood.

Save    
mudhouse

Hericles: If there were "very good people" protesting anywhere within earshot of those chanting "Jews will not replace us," wearing swastikas and carrying Tiki torches like they were at a Klan rally, they would have picked up and left.

The white supremacist march with the torches and chanting happened on the Friday evening before the rally that was scheduled for Saturday. Saturday is when the violence broke out, resulting in the death of Heather Heyer. The people who attended to protest the removal of statues were there on Saturday, for the organized event.

Regardless of who organized the event, it was open to anyone who wanted to attend, in a free country. Surely you're not disputing that good people show up at events to counter the other side, are you? Many did, including groups of clergy, and people who were there to protest removal of Confederate statues on the basis of history, not on the basis of any support for white supremacy.

Furthermore, there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that the people that Trump referred to, the people who were there to protest the removal of statuary for reasons that did not include white supremacy, joined in and marched along side the group of protesters with the torches on the night before, on Friday night. None, not one interview, not one article, not one minute of film.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

No Elvis, Fox viewers and Trumpers have been misled over and again.

You are too sweet, dear heri.. Kool-Aid for breakfast again?

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump went on and on about the Friday night protest.

About how he studied the video. About he knew what was going on that night.

Save    
Ella 2012(7)

''

Kathy Trump said there were good people on both sides at a White Supremacist march.

''

Majority of Charlottesville crowd were plain peaceful residents of the city, they came to defend the statue.

But keep lying, you have nothing else to hold on to.

1 Like Save    
JodiK

According to reports, no suspects have been taken into custody, and there's no mention anywhere of the shootings... in which no one was injured... being perpetrated by "the left".

Good grief, people... can we just stick to facts?

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Hi Ella, that last sentence might be against the rules. I would edit it out. :)

Good grief, people... can we just stick to facts?

Try posting some. :)

Save    

Related Stories

Materials Quartz vs. Granite: The Battle of the Countertops
Read about the pros and cons — and see great examples — of these popular kitchen countertop materials
Full Story
Features Can Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: What’s on Your Refrigerator?
Magnets, menus, children’s art, coupons, perfect-attendance certificates, song lyrics — what is fridge-worthy in your house?
Full Story
Holidays Houzz Call: Show Us Your Thanksgiving Fails
On some holidays you are just thankful when it’s over
Full Story
Moving Retirement Reinvention: Boomers Plot Their Next Big Move
Choosing a place to settle in for the golden years? You're not alone. Where boomers are going and what it might look like
Full Story
Bathroom Workbook Bathroom Remodel Insight: A Houzz Survey Reveals Homeowners’ Plans
Tub or shower? What finish for your fixtures? Find out what bathroom features are popular — and the differences by age group
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: A Prefab Modern Farmhouse Rises in Vermont
A prefab borrows from the simplicity of barns to suit its family and the Vermont countryside
Full Story
Data Watch A New Houzz Survey Reveals What You Really Want in Your Kitchen
Discover what Houzzers are planning for their new kitchens and which features are falling off the design radar
Full Story
Most Popular 20 Kitchen Must-Haves From Houzz Readers
We asked you to tell us your top kitchen amenities. See what popular kitchen features made the list
Full Story