CNN's Chris Cuomo Unleashes Verbal Screed

catkinZ8a

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Threatens Man Who Called Him ‘Fredo’

The confrontation was shared on a conservative YouTube channel. President Trump criticized the CNN host on Twitter, writing: “I thought Chris was Fredo also.”

Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor and member of a New York political dynasty, unleashed a spate of profanity-laced insults and threatened to throw a man down some stairs after the man apparently called him Fredo, a reference to “The Godfather” film trilogy, according to a video that spread across social media on Monday night.

The video, originally shared on the conservative YouTube channel That’s The Point With Brandon, does not show the comment that sparked the incident. But it captures Mr. Cuomo’s furious response as he takes umbrage at the remark, which he called tantamount to “the n-word” for Italian-Americans.

“My name is Chris Cuomo,” he says in the video. “I’m an anchor on CNN. Fredo is from ‘The Godfather.’ He was that weak brother. And they use it as an Italian aspersion.”

Mr. Cuomo’s brother is Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and their father is the former governor Mario M. Cuomo. In the “Godfather” films, Fredo Corleone is the feeble, ineffectual brother of the Mafia leader Michael Corleone, who is resentful that Michael became the heir to the family’s business.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/nyregion/fredo-cuomo-video.html

SaveComment58Like1
Comments (58)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carro

“He fully transitioned into mob boss mode,” Cuomo claimed. “You could literally find his echo in a Gotti or his gangster of choice, Capone, or even a Corleone.”

Chris Fredo Cuomo, August 25, 2018.

Devin Nunes was referred to as “Fredo” on CNN in March. CNN’s David Gregory compared Donald J Trump Jr to “Fredo” in February. And in January, CNN’s Ana Navarro referred to DonaldJ Trump Jr as “Fredo”...to Cuomo *ON HIS OWN SHOW*.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

I believe Cuomo has also referred to himself as "Fredo".

Imagine if this footage were of Hannity.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

He was out of line, admitted it and apologized..........next

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

We definitely know what his new nickname is. :)

3 Likes Save    
Carro

lurker111

It's Fredo. Definitely Fredo. We don't know where Chris ends and Fredo begins.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

CNN are lying hypocrites.

CNN has declared the nickname “Fredo” is an “ethnic slur” in defense of anchor Chris Cuomo, who exploded at a stranger teasing him with that name, but several guests on the network have used this same term to attack the Trump family without any pushback—even on Cuomo’s own primetime show.

A video of Cuomo surfaced Monday evening, showing the CNN anchor going on an unhinged rant after a man referred to him as “Fredo.” Cuomo threatened to throw the man down the stairs and compared the use of the nickname – which was popularized by Breitbart News’s John Nolte – to the “N-word”:

However, there are several CNN segments where contributors and guests used this same nickname — and no evidence that CNN found their commentary offensive.

A clip has resurfaced showing Cuomo himself unresponsive while network contributor Ana Navarro used the nickname “Fredo” regarding Donald Trump Jr. This particular soundbite was promoted on the official social media account for his show Cuomo Prime Time.
.@ananavarro slams Don Jr. for likening border wall to zoo fence: He's an "entitled, rich, spoiled little brat whose only call to fame is being his daddy's son."
"[D]addy kept Fredo back home…Who cares what [he] says. I don't want to talk about that entitled little brat." pic.twitter.com/zpTtp8ZfAd
— Cuomo Prime Time (@CuomoPrimeTime) January 10, 2019

Trump, for his part, played into the fact that he receives endless “Fredo” taunts from the left, telling Cuomo that the nickname “just means you’re the dumb brother.”

He continued by pointing out the Navarro clip from January: “Does CNN’s head of PR still think ‘Fredo’ is an ethnic slur after watching this? Because if it’s the N word for Italians like @ChrisCuomo says, I don’t understand why Chris seems so at ease with someone saying it here,” Trump tweeted Monday night.

“An excuse just as fake as his news,” he added:
Does CNN’s head of PR still think “Fredo” is an ethnic slur after watching this? Because if it’s the N word for Italians like @ChrisCuomo says, I don’t understand why Chris seems so at ease with someone saying it here. An excuse just as fake as his news. #FredoCuomo https://t.co/8G8yuY80CK pic.twitter.com/1gwVyDVCob
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) August 13, 2019

In addition to Navarro, Never Trumper Rick Wilson called Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) the “the Fredo of the Republican party” during an appearance on CNN earlier this year:
Here's Rick Wilson calling Rep. Nunes "the Fredo of the Republican party" on CNN back in March. pic.twitter.com/Ao4fkH9Ike
— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) August 13, 2019
Devin Nunes was referred to as “Fredo” on CNN in March. CNN’s David Gregory compared @DonaldJTrumpJr to “Fredo” in February. And in January, CNN’s Ana Navarro referred to @DonaldJTrumpJr as “Fredo”…to Cuomo on his own show. https://t.co/jXCUfFkYvs
— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) August 13, 2019

CNN has not responded to Breitbart News’s request for comment. Dornic sent out one additional potshot–not quite clear in its meaning–in response to Trump Jr:
Speaking of dumb brothers…. cc: @EricTrump
— Matt Dornic (@mdornic) August 13, 2019

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/08/13/cnn-declares-fredo-an-ethnic-slur-used-by-ana-navarro-rick-wilson-on-air/

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

1 Like Save    
Save    
catkinZ8a

CNN'S Fredo Cuomo can dish it out--but he loses his temper and threatens other people with physical violence!

His foul-mouthed screed went on and on and on!

Red flag! Red flag!!

Does Cuomo have a gun permit?

3 Likes Save    
Carro

catkin, this is an excellent example of the "red flag" law being proposed. Cuomo became UNHINGED and threatened violence because he was called a name. A name, for Pete's sake! This is reason to threaten bodily harm and throw someone down the stairs?

He's a hot head. Should he have a gun? What if he was carrying at that moment?

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Hannity fully supported Fredo, btw.

Save    
Camille

He was way off base. But he apologized.

I must say though, I'm not surprised that some here, trump supporters of course, would continue to use the ethnic slur that Cuomo found offensive. Please keep posting and showing us who and what you are.

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Love that liberals have absolutely no problem in calling out their own when they act in inappropriate ways.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

They call them out and then still support them lol lol, what is gained?

Save    
queenmargo

I must say though, I'm not surprised that some here, trump supporters of course, would continue to use the ethnic slur that Cuomo found offensive.

Yeah, I find the slur White Supremacist offensive and the Anti- Trumpers continue to use it. Too bad!

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Catkin's been posting that Fredo stuff for hours and hours and hours.

Save    
queenmargo

Liberals have been posting that White Supremacists stuff for months and months and months.

7 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Well perhaps if Trump apologized for his WS rhetoric like Cuomo apologized for his inappropriate reaction we could all move on....

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

I don’t know anyone that watches Cuomo. But Republicans have complimented his presentation of both sides of an issue. He was wrong to lose control, especially in front of his daughter. I’m glad he admitted that and apologized.

There seems to be some pettiness to this thread. I guess it’s hard to understand that lefties don‘t personalize the missteps of other lefties and are able to discuss it rationally. Or maybe it’s disappointing that Cuomo isn’t a “soy boy” while tough guy trump seems to be the stereotypical bully; all talk.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

WS has been causing problems.

Shrug

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

I really liked Cuomo when he had the morning show with Alyson but don't care for his prime time show at all. Never watch him anymore.

However, it is true what cattlyles says, he is very even handed ,...but tough on both sides, No soft balls from him, left or right.

ETA...doesn't hurt that he is a hunk saw him in a wet tee shirt during one of the storm coverages...oh my. Yeah I know.......

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

I liked him in the morning too, chase.

Eta didn’t see him in the wet T-shirt so can’t comment on that. :-)

1 Like Save    
Carro

Lay off the 'roids, Cuomo!

Save    
lurker111

This is what I get...

Fredo name

Fredo as a boys' name is an Old English name, and the meaning of Fredo is "elf or magical counsel". Fredo is a version of Alfred (Old English). STARTS WITH Fr-. ASSOCIATED WITH old english, elf, magical, counsel.

Alfred, Fred, Freddy

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Lol, chase. He’s pretty easy on the eyes. And he admitted being wrong and apologized. It all looks good on him. He has one those high tech man weaves. Which is fine. But he could ditch it and that would be even better.

2 Likes Save    
whynottryit

Trump is a hunk too, girls. Question is a hunk of what.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Hunk of Burning Love, lol

Save    
queenmargo

OH NO, the left will soon try to remove Alfredo sauce from menus;(

6 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

How would Cuomo reacted had it been a woman that called him Fredo?

Any differently?

This mentally ill pig of a man has zero self control.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Chris *Fredo* Cuomo --he's like the Jersey Shore for Corleones.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

A stunt! He called himself Fredo in 2010 on a radio interview. But it works out well.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3a8gv/trump-just-introduced-a-fredo-unhinged-tee-to-make-money-off-chris-cuomos-meltdown

6 Likes Save    
Carro

CNN has been flinging about the epithet for years now. It's not about the word, obviously. It's about the meaning, which a very weak and insecure man couldn't handle without flipping out and threatening violence, while unleashing an angry beehive of f-bombs in front of his little girl.

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

He got to where he’s at because of his father and brother, just like Fredo.

RED FLAG!!!

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''

lurker111

''

It's not new. Chris Plante called him Fredo about 5 years ago.

Pathetic lib losers made it raaaacist on the fly, this part is new.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

But Trump is just fine for those who rail on and on about Cuomo.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Unhinged lunatic CNN anchor Chris Cuomo refers to himself as FREDO in an interview.

What a HYPOCRITE!

https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/chris-cuomo-once-referred-to-himself-as-fredo-in-radio-interview/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

And not that it matters but where's the proof he had his family with him?

Save    
catkinZ8a

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Tucker - white supremacist

Hates parts of the Constitution.

Save    
queenmargo

Tucker exposes the REAL PRIVILEGED!

Save    
elvis

There seems to be some pettiness to this thread.

What?! Oh noooooooo.

3 Likes Save    
margaritadina

Tucker, the exposer of swamp things. Love the guy.

2 Likes Save    
cait1

@ Camille

would continue to use the ethnic slur that Cuomo found offensive

'Fredo' is not an ethnic slur. All it denotes is the 'stupid brother'. Of course, leftists will give him a pass for trying to make a boy's name the equivalent to the 'n' word because he 'apologized'.

Personally, I just think this story hysterical and we can always use a good laugh.

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL

Save    
Tilly Teabag

whynottryit

“Trump is a hunk too, girls. Question is a hunk of what.”

Cheese, according to Kellyanne:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/06/kellyanne-conway-commander-in-cheese-628689

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Was Kellyanne speaking in Wisconsin? They do love their cheese;)

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Red flag! Red flag!! Does Cuomo have a gun permit?

A reasonable question. Does he have a history of threatening people, or trying to intimidate them, as we witnessed on that video?

2 Likes Save    
Camille

"He got to where he’s at because of his father and brother, just like Fredo."

Did his daddy give him 4 million and bail him out everytime he went bankrupt, multiple times? Oh wait you must have meant trump.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Did his daddy give him 4 million and bail him out everytime he went bankrupt, multiple times? Oh wait you must have meant trump."

No telling what happened in Cuomo's privileged life to make him comfortable with issuing the threats we witnessed. Was it just a one-off event? Or is it part of a pattern? We can all hope his status does not prevent authorities from investigating whether or not he owns firearms.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Camille

"He got to where he’s at because of his father and brother, just like Fredo."

Did his daddy give him 4 million and bail him out everytime he went bankrupt, multiple times?

Quite possibly. Who cares? I'm more interested in whether this loose cannon owns one.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I have never seen any of the Godfather films, so have no idea of the context of “Fredo.”

Absolutely ignorant of the name being an ethic slur — but I wonder if Fredo is a nickname for Alfredo in Italy. Something like Gigi is the nickname for Luigi.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

All this drama about a TV personality?

Thought he was some elected.

Is Tucker Carlson back?

Save    
barncatz

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is “staging a comeback on Sleepy Joe,” Trump said at an official White House event in Pennsylvania on Tuesday, referring to former vice president Joe Biden and the race for the 2020 Democratic nomination. “I don’t know who’s going to win, but we’ll have to hit [Warren] very hard again if she does win. But she’s staging a little bit of a comeback.”

Trump supporters are NOT ok with Cuomo's belligerance. That kind of talk is unacceptable. Period.

Save    
Tilly Teabag

margievank

“Was Kellyanne speaking in Wisconsin? They do love their cheese;)”

Now you’re just milking it.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Absolutely ignorant of the name being an ethic slur — but I wonder if Fredo is a nickname for Alfredo in Italy. Something like Gigi is the nickname for Luigi.

That's because it's not. There are other ethnic slurs for Italians and that's not one of them. Cuomo knows this and he knows exactly what was being alluded to. The fact that it set him off reveals the heckler was spot on. The kernel of truth that cannot be denied.

1 Like Save    
Tilly Teabag

Carro

”The kernel of truth that cannot be denied.”

Pöpcorn with the Swedish chef:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE

Save