Epstein’s death posted on right-wing troll website 4Chan - 38 minutes

chijim

Details of Jeffrey Epstein’s death posted on right-wing troll website 4Chan — 38 minutes before first news reports

Published

53 mins ago

on

August 13, 2019

By

Brad Reed

Details about the death of accused international sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein were posted on 4Chan, the infamous website frequented by white nationalists and right-wing trolls, 38 minutes before it was reported by ABC News this past Saturday.

BuzzFeed News reports that the New York City Fire Department has launched an investigation to determine whether one of its own first responders posted the information about Epstein on the website.

A 4Chan post that went up at 8:16 a.m. on Saturday stated, “don’t ask me how I know, but Epstein died an hour ago from hanging, cardiac arrest.”

Raw Story is now on Instagram. Get our latest stories and
exclusive videos. Click to follow!

4Chan users initially believed that it was a hoax post, but the poster proceeded to provide even more detailed information, which BuzzFeed says included “a detailed breakdown of the procedures allegedly used to resuscitate Epstein,” whose death sent shockwaves through the legal and political world late last week.

Frank Gribbon, a Deputy Commissioner for FDNY, told BuzzFeed that “any medical professional who divulges patient information without consent is in violation of a federal health privacy law, HIPPA,” although he did not confirm the accuracy of the information posted.

SaveComment36Like
Comments (36)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chase_gw

I don't find that to be particularly unusual. Sites like 4Chan spend ZERO time verifying and authenticating so it isn't surprising that they are out there first.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

38 minutes before it was reported by ABC News this past Saturday.

yawn

Save    
dandyfopp

From what I have read, sounds like a responding EMT was a 4 channer.

Wonderful.

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump said he retweeted the conspiracy theorist tweet because he had a lot of Twitter followers. Is that a man who should be President? Does he have any critical thinking skills and no self-control over his impulsiveness? It felt good at the moment, now he is walking it back.

8 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

1 Like Save    
Carro

So are we officially on to the "chan" bogeyman now? Russia, Russia, Russia collapsed.

Is "white supremacists" over yet? Seems like it only just started.

So, now the bogeyman is the elusive chans... cue theme music from the "Twilight Zone".

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Is it back to Stormy yet?

Tax returns?

2 scoops of ice cream?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

MAGA is Make America What It Was. That’s the mantra from Trump. We are not going back.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

IT isn't just this thread.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

The impulse is always to defend the chan crowd or laugh it off.

It is strange, like the impulse to take every criticism aimed at Donnie personally.

5 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

When the wallpapering starts - I figure they're super triggered.

I do look forward to the next conspiracy theory from the wingers: embryo's are UFO's; Epstein is now a free man; what can top these bits of craziness?

5 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I some how missed Russia and White supremacists as the reason for Epstein's death...or is this just mixing messages for ultimate obfuscation?

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

dandy........I think that is one thing that I just don't get. Why do Trump supporters take it all so personally. It never dawns on me when I hear the litany of negative words spewed about liberals to take it personally....maybe they have deep seeded guilt complex ; )

2 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

patricae, for those who 'believe' there are numerous conspiracy theories out there.

I keep my feet firmly on the ground.

Save    
catkinZ8a

In mud.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

MAGA is Make America What It Was. That’s the mantra from Trump. We are not going back.

Back where? What do you mean by "what it was"?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

You tell me. MAGA again when?

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

In mud.

More like Tennessee Fire Quicksand lol

Save    
Prim Rose

You sure do commit yourself, marge. You've said the same lame thing like 50 times. it didn't make sense then and it doesn't now. You are the only one LOL ing.

Is the offer to join Random still open? We could talk about what you drink.

Save    
Kathy

Orange kool-aid.

1 Like Save    
cait1

So what? Are Raw Story and Buzzfeed jealous that they weren't contacted first?

Maybe they don't like the fact that someone can write what they want and the Raw Story/Buzzfeed/NBC/CNNMSDNCNYTWaPOS editors can't edit out what they don't want readers to see.

FBI/CIA monitor and comment on the chan boards, too. Are they alt-right?

The chan boards also have LGBT forums. Now leftists are saying that LGBT people are alt-right. leftists are constantly moving the goal posts and no one can keep up.

Seems like a lot of people are scared of a blank piece of paper. Surprised they're not all afraid of the empty comment box here on Houzz and manage to write original content. Of course, they aren't afraid of the empty box when they click to start a new thread because they know they're going to fill it with content from one of their favorite propaganda sites.

SMH

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Is the offer to join Random still open? We could talk about what you drink.

Sure, come on over to random and ask me what I drink, but don't get upset if I ask the same lol

Not like you have not been to random before, right?

1 Like Save    
Tilly Teabag

I see the OCD mad flagger has been active on here again. Need to control.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Tilly- we know who.

Save    
chase_gw

We do? How?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

cait1's last comment above reads like it was written for a bit different thread.

After all, the NYFD is launching an investigation - and no here has demanded one be launched.

And IMO it's not about the existence of 4chan - it's about info being leaked - seemingly by those who are supposed to help folk in times of personal tragedy (or potential tragedy, I guess).

There's no need to be all braggie about knowing a lot about 4chan.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Who cares - most here have moved on from middle school

"Tilly- we know who."

Save    
queenmargo

Who cares - most here have moved on from middle school

There's no need to be all braggie about knowing a lot about 4chan.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Random is waiting for you

Save    
queenmargo

Kathy

Random is waiting for you

Puremichigan stopped in again, why don't you too Kathy. Tilly is there. We could have a reunion party.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I hope you folks know what you are talking about. I most certainly do not! Bye.

Kate

Save    
Andie

I finally found the other site referenced above. Is that where all this nastiness originated?

1 Like Save    
cait1

@ Ziemia

cait1's last comment above reads like it was written for a bit different thread.

???

Guess you didn't read the Mueller report that relied on leaks to leftist news sites.

Control the narrative and you control the thoughts of the population.

Why one should read as many different perspectives as possible.

A closed mind is a wasted mind.

2 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

Andie

“I finally found the other site referenced above. Is that where all this nastiness originated?”

Random was a torrid thread (nearly all of that stuff is deleted) but nowadays it’s harmless decorating and travel, mostly. That’s what the core group want. I’m not in the core group.

Save    
Prim Rose

Control the narrative and you control the thoughts of the population.

I agree trump is trying everyday to control the narrative, but he's only trying to control the thoughts of the gullible and those who think like trump.

Never has thought control worked on every person, i.e. "the population".

it's one of those ideas one can posit, but can't prove. So, it doesn't add to your argument.

Save    

Related Stories

Tastemakers How Tupperware’s Inventor Left a Legacy That’s Anything but Airtight
Earl S. Tupper — and his trailblazing marketing guru, Brownie Wise — forever changed food storage. His story is stranger than fiction
Full Story
Homes Around the World My Houzz: Winging It in a Scottish Castle
Bold decor mixes with turrets and open fires to create a home that’s grand yet welcoming
Full Story
Life Houzz Call: What’s Your Perfect House Size?
How big is too big? How small is too small? Please tell us which home size is just right for you
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances A Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
Life Is Your Bedroom Designed for a Good Night’s Sleep?
Find out how the right nightstands, bedding, rugs, TV and storage can help you get more restful slumber
Full Story
Housing Research Why So Many New U.S. Homes Are Supersized
A bigger share of new homes sold in 2015 were 4,000 square feet or more compared with before the recession. But that could change
Full Story
Beneficial Insects Gardening for the Bees, and Why It’s a Good Thing
When you discover how hard bees work for our food supply, you may never garden without them in mind again
Full Story
Decluttering 4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story
Housekeeping 10 Decluttering Projects You Can Do in 15 Minutes or Less
Try these ideas to get organized at home one small step at a time
Full Story