SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacroth1

Thermal- Tru- Very Poor Quality Control

jacroth1
4 years ago

I purchased a REEB Unit from Windowrama after seeing it in the showroom. The showroom unit looked nice and the salesman told me about it's features. My contractor set aside a day for installation and the unit arrived the afternoon before. Upon looking at the unit I noticed a crack around the casing, a large nail protruding through the casing and another through the weatherstripping. In addition there were two holes in the door for a deadbolt and entry doorknob. However, only on mortise, none for the deadbolt. I contacted Windowrama who immediately agreed to take it back. However, with the contractor coming, I decided to keep it and have the contractor ameliorate the problems. I called the factory to let them know how poorly this unit was made and they agreed there were quality control issues. Windowrama refunded me a small amount to make up for the contractors time. Windowrama was very good but there was little they could do. I really didn't care about the discount, I just wanted a quality product. I received something that was quite shoddy. Now I see, after painting, that some of the wood is actually small joined pieces, not

one continuous piece of lumber. I wonder how long it will take to rot. I do not recommend you purchase this product.

Comment