SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blessings2all

Paint sample craziness- Gray, Beige, Greige?

My House
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Bought a smaller house with E, W, and S exposures.. Brought the furnishings of the old house with us (see below) Need a paint color to work with furnishings in the public spaces and hallway. We do not have access to info re: paint in the old house. The current wall color is a builder pinky beige.

Thanks to the multitude of decor blogs regarding undertones, Paint store websites, Houzz images.....I'm in paint sample hell. Every warm gray (greige) that I like on SW website is paired with a blue-gray or coral pink plum, which is not in color palette. Sidestepping a 5150 hold for the moment, I welcome advice for an all over color in the public areas, considering driftwood floors and light walls, but cool Gray? Warm gray? We desire a neutral background that might enlarge the space (wishful thinking)

Which color family will work best with furnishings and make this smaller house feel light and larger? (Wishful thinking) Perhaps the answer is obvious to some, but I am too close to the problem and can't see the answer, due to swirling choices. Every paint color shade seems to say says "Pick me!" and "No, pick me!"

Front sitting room

Dining space in front room

TV room

Comments (20)