SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kima2202

Any thoughts or experience w "Phantom" Quartzite?

kima2202
4 years ago

Hi All. I've been reading a lot of the posts about countertop stone and quartzite in particular. We are pretty sure we want to go with "Phantom Quartzite", but I've been googling a bit and I haven't found much of anything about this stone on the internet. Do any of you have any experience with it? Do you know if it goes by another name? We don't want to buy it only to learn that it will wear more like a marble or dolomite! (We can't get a sample to play with, but we will try to do the glass test--the distributor said they tested it themselves and that it is a true quartzite. But trust but verify...).

I'd also love any thoughts about the following concerns:

Is it too busy? Will it look dated faster than a more neutral option? I think it's pretty dreamy, but it's a big purchase that can't be returned if we don't like it. So I want to think through all the angles before making a call.

The cabinets will be a creamy white (it shows up a bit more stark than it actually is in the pic) everywhere except for the island and the refrigerator/pantries, which will be the blue-green sample in the pic. The backsplash is still TBD--but probably something like the cream subway tile in the pic.

Thank you for the feedback!

Comments (2)