SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveblackandwhite

Help, what brand of white quartz countertop for my new galley kitchen?

Jana D.
4 years ago

Hi, it's time to pick a countertop this week for our 1960's galley kitchen remodel!! I am overwhelmed with all the choices! I brought many white and light color samples home from a recommended fabricator and installer. Some look good- Silestone "Iconic White", suede finish only matched, Vicostone Advantage "Pure White" and 'Denali". Also Metro Quartz "Absolute White" was the closest match to white cabinets. Cambria "Snowdon White", great with cabinets but probably to busy for floor. See pictures from my not so great phone- (Uppers are gloss white acrylic and bases are med brown oak veneer with horizontal grain.) Floors are the original 1967 Terrazzo in oranges, yellow, soft grays and white (Terrazzo is in kitchen, breakfast area, family room and entry.) I am thinking a white quartz countertop would be the best, not only for the clean style, but to let the floors stand out and then have a colorful tile backsplash to tie the design together. So, is a white the best color? What brand can I trust with so many out there? Or, if I bring in a pattern or veining color, how can I keep that updated MCM ranch feel? Thank you!!

Cooktop side, white gloss cabinets on top, Frig will be on far left. Wall oven/microwave on right end.

Close up of drawer cabinets. Edge pulls are brass to go with floor and other door hardware in home.

Sink (rectangle stainless) side is open to family room. Old vinyl floor in middle still to protect Terrazzo.

Countertop will extend out to family room 10-12" for at least 3 barstools. Sorry about all chairs in background.

Our floor close-up.

Family room, now visible from kitchen. (pic from house listing) Terrazzo was under all this floating laminate. The paneled built-in is a future update or removal. Plus a future new ceiling fan or light.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH