SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tedb1973

Help! this looks wonky, right?

tedb1973
4 years ago

Hi! This is preliminary draft of my kitchen. Appliances needto stay in their respective positions relative to each other (wall ovens, then stove, then sink, refrigerator stays where it is). The window above the sink is actually 63" wide (mouldong outside mouldong edge to outside mouldong edge), but I have the ability to make it smaller as long as it stays within that pocket. Here it is shown to be about 49". The stove will vent almost directly out. Designer shows 48" hood, but I prefer a 54" (that's what research says to do, plus 3 on each side). Sink wall run is 19'. I cannot move that door opening into the dining room (plaster & lathe, not happening!)

Long story short, the lack of consistrnt symmetry between where upper cabinets begin and end vs. the bottom cabinets is messing me up. My husband and designer are happy, me not so much. I think it can be much better. They keep telling me no one ever sees their kitchen like it is photographed and I won't notice these things. The fact that I know they are there means I will most definitely notice it and it will drive me CRAZY!!! Any and all layout suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Comments (36)