NY millionaire vs Obama

bleusblue2

Regarding Trump's incessant tweeting about every little slight --

I heard an interesting comment from Democrat Keith Boyken on CNN.

He said that for five and a half years while Barack Obama was President, he heard a "New York Billionaire" constantly claim that Obama was born in Africa. Obama didn't tweet or go on TV to gripe about it. He went about the business of being President. I saw that idiot billionaire myself in prime time saying (paraphrased): People say or I have people who know a lot about it or I will have something very soon.

It was a evil hateful lie based on nothing at all. tRump is still that same person and he has a following.

SaveComment53Like12
Comments (53)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Indeed.

I can't recall who said it, but I saw that somebody recently asked when have we ever had such an angry president?

7 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Stay tuned!

Save    
dandyfopp

When this is over what it is going to boil down to is greed and hate.

That is what will be studied and written about.

Aside from those who only look at their bottom line and care for nothing and no one else, Donnie fans stay with him because they hate the same people, will throw any morals or values they have to the wind for it so long as those people are made to suffer and they feel empowered. An absolute lesson for every person alive now and every generation to come. It can happen here, it will happen again, we can't outgrow this darkest part of human nature and must always be on guard for it.

18 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Think of it as the garden. You have a beautiful garden that is America and the slugs come out and eat on the beauty. The slugs think everything is beautiful. Nothing is wrong the way they see things. Eating the beauty is enjoyable the beauty to them is destruction.

12 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Stay tuned!

1 Like Save    
HU9999

It was a evil hateful lie based on nothing at all.

Well, it was based on racism. See, for some people, the ends justify the means. That means that it's OK to lie about something if it gets you what you want.

We've seen that from Trump supporters for well over 2 years now.

10 Likes Save    
Kathy

It is not acceptable to say they voted for Trump because of his policies and ignore everything else about him. What he is doing to this country is far more damaging than his policies.

9 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Kathy- you don't have to accept anything. I never called Obama supporters the nasty things that have been said about Trump supporters. I disliked Obama as the president and rode it out. I felt nothing hateful towards his supporters one bit. That is their/your right to vote how you see fit. The left has brought the war to the voters.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

I get it. You are still free to vote, for now. Imho, White Nationalism has taken over the Rep party. They are bought and paid for.

7 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Ever stop to listen to what comes out of Trump's mouth and really look at his tweets. There are real reasons that people dislike what he appears to stand for. If anyone does not stand for the same things they too would be blasting him.

13 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

"brought the war to the voters."

-----------------

That is a Hoot

We can revisit that comment..

When Hispanics drive 8 hrs to Rural Mississippi....and kill people at Walmart, in Church, on the street going to work and start shooting rural white residence then and only then can it be said war is being brought to the tRump voters.

For the last 3 yrs it has been WHITE MALES traveling to communities bringing war and killing the non tRump voters.

7 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Margie, so are we riding it out. Maybe we're more vocal now than you were then because our objection is to the man and maybe yours was to policy/politics?

I cannot attest to how vocal you were then. Anyone care to comment? You sure do deflect to Obama now with considerable vitriol.

"I never called Obama supporters the nasty things that have been said about Trump supporters."

It appears you're making up for it now with remarks about non-trump supporters.

13 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

Margie, you were not as into politics then, or on Hot Topics. Were you on another political site?

1 Like Save    
HU9999

We are all free to vote for our choice.

We are all free to voice our opinions on current politicians (although if Trump had his way, that would change).

We are also free to voice our opinion that only racists support racists.

It is possible to separate support of conservative policies from the politician's words. Well, it should be possible. For some, it doesn't seem so, which leads me back to only racists support racists.

3 Likes Save    
Delilah66

I do not agree that all who support the racist president are also racist. Those who support him, but are not racist, are those

-who do not believe racism is problematic

-who put a thriving economy over the immorality of accepting racism along with it

-who do not understand that when the economy falls as it ALWAYS does, racism does not

-who are firmly in favor of "me first" which their racist president engenders

ad infinitum

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

It was based on not having a USA birth certificate.

Save    
Kathy

People who believe in White Supremacy can interact or have friends of other races and nationalities. They just believe the white race is superior. The white race should be the politicians, Presidents, and money changers of the world.

Save    
queenmargo

They just believe the white race is superior. The white race should be the politicians, Presidents, and money changers of the world.

That would be racist. What Trump supporter has ever commented like that?

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

Forgive me, but I paid little attention to the birther issue when it was hot. Was this birth certificate proven false?

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

And did we reject the "notion" that a US citizen can give birth outside the US and that child is a "natural born citizen" of the US?

4 Likes Save    
Delilah66

MV - So, it's racist to call racists racists?

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Being called a racist by a liberal is only a symptom of the liberals mental health.

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

"Being called a racist by a liberal is only a symptom of the liberals mental health."

A racist being called a racist by a winger would be a miracle and a symptom of a delusional psychosis for which the winger could be committed.

blather quoting Rush? Your point or mindless meandering?

So little substance and too much time.

Save    
Carro

Obama had the entire MSM kissing his rear end for 8 years.

Cry me a river.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

White Supremacists don’t think they are racist.

3 Likes Save    
Carro

^^ How do you know that, Kathy? How many do you know?

BTW, from what I have gleaned about white supremacists, they know they are racists and embrace it.

So, Kathy, I assume you are white. If you tell me that YOU are not a white supremacist, you are lying to me. You are just saying it out of denial.

I mean, by your logic.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

“Obama had the entire MSM kissing his rear end for 8 years.”

And trump doesn’t. Cry you a river.

Carro: Pretty brave of you to make assumptions of someone you’ve never met.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

All white are not white Supremacists. There are whites that think the white race is superior. They can tolerate others but their belief is only the white race is capable of ruling the world. Bannon, Trump, Putin are examples. It is there for everyone to see if only they would stop idolizing Trump and look at what is happening to US.

I am not making a judgement about you personally as you are me. I am saying there are White Supremacists who are causing terror in this world, just as dangerous as any other terrorist, and they use the same language as Trump. Or maybe he is using their language.

2 Likes Save    

Those who say they only support this president for his economic policies, can comfortably do so because they know they have nothing to fear from the racist ones.

And as for whether the president is racist or not: if someone puts a loaded gun in front of a deranged killer and walks away, are they responsible when that deranged killer commits murder with it?

2 Likes Save    
HU9999

I mean, by your logic.

Actually, no, that's not logic. Try harder.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

I do not agree that all who support the racist president are also racist. Those who support him, but are not racist, are those

-who put a thriving economy over the immorality of accepting racism along with it

-who do not understand that when the economy falls as it ALWAYS does, racism does not

I guess I have hard time separating those that aren't (or think they aren't) racist but support a racist because it gets them what they want from a racist.

I know, I know, morals are hard.

1 Like Save    

I believe that's what's known as cognitive dissonance.

4 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“Those who say they only support this president for his economic policies, can comfortably do so because they know they have nothing to fear from the racist ones.”

That’s an interesting thought!

Those who say they only support this president for his economic policies can comfortably do so because they know they have nothing to fear from the racist policies.

4 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Let's repeat that again:

Those who say they only support this president for his economic policies can comfortably do so because they know they have nothing to fear from the racist policies.

5 Likes Save    
Lisa

What racist policies? Please name them. Please hurry - I have to go spend my $24.99 to see The Hunt.

Save    
HU9999

I will keep saying it...

Those that don't think Trump is racist are either not paying attention, or agree with him. He's been a racist his entire life. That didn't happen the day he entered politics.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Where you gong to see it Lisa? Universal has delayed the release.

1 Like Save    
Lisa

They've "delayed" the release? Aw shucks.

HU9999: What racist policies? I'm paying attention. I guess I'm just too dumb to see it. Please educate me. I guess my masters degree (with honors) didn't prepare me to recognize racists. Hurling epithets such as racist and fascist seems to pass for social debate these days.

I'm still waiting for all those who said they were going to leave the USA if President Trump was elected, to actually leave.

Save    

Not seeing something is not proof it doesn't exist.

But then, an educated person probably doesn't need to be told that.

4 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

I guess my masters degree (with honors) didn't prepare me to recognize racists. Hurling epithets such as racist and fascist seems to pass for social debate these days.

It very well may not have, a degree no matter how honoured does not protect one from being uniformed.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Just catching up.

I saw a comment about blacks being inferior a day or two ago - and from a white person here.

Is that different from saying whites are superior?

Save    

That is an extremely narrow definition of racism - and not correct either.

Save    
queenmargo

I saw a comment about blacks being inferior a day or two ago - and from a white person here.

Let's see it and we can see the context.

Save    
queenmargo

I am sure carol that you are an expert on defining racism. How about re-educating us.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Margie -- you've seen it probably many times as it's been said here many times. And nearly each time - if not every time -- it's been pointed out that it's wrong.

Pretty sure it will come around again.

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

I saw a comment that said people from Central and South America have low standards of living and make life miserable for the white and Asian people in their communities because their kids are loud bullies.

The evidence of this was purported to be that they live in multi-generational homes.

Racist? I think so. The poster didn’t. He thought it was just true.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

White Supremacists believe the white race is superior. That is a fact.

Save    
Kathy

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

I have an illogical thought - trump simply hates everyone and that's why he doesn't see himself as racist or misogynist or against the disabled or whatever. He simply hates everyone. Look at the adjectives he uses on his so-called enemies but who are all white - Low-energy Jeb, sleepy Joe, Crooked Hillary, Lyin Ted, little Mario and there's a lot more. Only someone who truly hates uses those types of adjectives against peers.

And when he talks about Mexicans being rapists it's just another adjective to him showing hate, when he talks about sh!thole countries it;s just another adjective to him showing hate. His level of empathy is non existence and he just doesn't get that what he is saying is racist, he just simply hates. Why does he hate? Because he's narcissistic and they are never happy. I doubt he has any self-confidence hence his need to destroy and belittle everyone.

Words to him are meaningless because he doesn't understand or care about the hurt that they actually cause, he's only interested in his own end game of self-aggrandizement.

The rest of us understand the power of his words and what they indicate in our world but there is none of that understanding for the narcissist.

Save    
elvis

Delilah66

ad infinitum

You left out the most important one:

- who know that this president is not racist.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

“-- who know that this president is not racist.“

As they cover their eyes, plug their ears and continue to shout, “ME FIRST! ME FIRST! ME FIRST!”

1 Like Save    
Lisa

I only hear one group shouting.

Save    
HU9999

who know that this president is not racist

Interesting. You know him personally? No? Didn't think so.

If you believe he's not racist, you aren't paying attention. His actions tell a very different story. Or perhaps you don't recognize it because they align with yours?

10 seconds of research into his life before he was a candidate will tell you all you need to know.

3 Likes Save    

How about a little thought experiment?

What kind of person comes to mind when you see or hear the words "low income housing"?

Or "welfare recipient"?

How about "drug dealer"?

No need to post a reply, but be honest....

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Farmhouses Houzz Tour: A New Texas Farmhouse Pulls a Neat Trick
Fresh from the drawing board, this home for organic farmers in Austin looks remodeled and expanded over time
Full Story
Your First House The Moving-Day Survival Kit: Lifesaving Items and Niceties
Gather these must-haves in advance for a smooth move and more comfortable first days in your new home
Full Story
Most Popular America Celebrates Frank Lloyd Wright’s 150th Birthday
See the many events honoring the renowned architect, who looked at homes in a new way and transformed U.S. architecture
Full Story