SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_collette

Dark trim, cedar ceilings, and dark wood beams

Denise Collette
4 years ago

So I’m moving some rooms around, I recently upgraded all my windows and doors. The windows are now white (they were brown aluminum) they just replaced the trim that was already there which was a dark trim. The upstairs has high vaulted ceilings all cedar (every room has the cedar ceilings and dark beams but the downstairs are reachable to me to experiment with) anyway, I was thinking of whitewashing the cedar ceilings downstairs and the trim around the windows and doors, as well as the bedroom and closet doors. They aren’t anything fancy just plain ugly hollow doors. But keeping the beams dark. If I like the way I can get them in the one downstairs bedroom, I’d be tempted to try it in the bedrooms upstairs as those ceilings aren’t as high. Would that look odd? I’m attaching a pic of the one bedroom I want to try it with. And the downstairs living room as well. I’m planning on whitewashing the fireplace as well. I’m so so tired of everything so dark. I’m finally painting the outside of the house because it’s currently all brown like a huge turd. I can’t stand it. For the walls, I chose Sherman Williams reprose Gray.

I need honest opinions please. And please don’t mind the mess, when I try to organize I make a much bigger mess until I’m done

Comment (1)