SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lidia_nonn

New construction and cabinet sub question

Lidia
4 years ago

Well, I’m a nut shell the builder had us meet their cabinet sub before we entered into a Finish Contract. He quoted 25-30G for all the work. The contract then included a 40G allowance for the cabinetry. I gave the cabinet guy the plans drawn out by a KD and the quote was $41,000. We approved this quote and made minor changes...add a cutting board, 3 rev a shelves and increased the crown molding height by 4”. The molding is very simple. I asked if i Changed the stain color would that increase the cost, cabinet guy said no. I asked about the cost of the crown, he said it would be very little. I made sure he’s known all long cost was a concern. I never received scale drawings or a final cost after my minor edits. Today I heard the new cost is $52,000.

I am outraged.

How should I proceed to a fair cost,,,accepting the original $41,000 even though I removed a couple cabinets and simplified a couple as well, plus just the minor add-ons (cutting board and rev a shelves)? I want to be fair and I want it done right but I don’t want to be a chump!

I wa

Comments (21)