SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dslieberman

What seating to put in the living room with my sofa? Please help!

Daina L
4 years ago

A couple years ago, we got rid of our extremely old sofa and bought a Huntington House which we love. I want to get rid of our hideous sleeper sofa and replace it with perhaps a pair of chairs or a love seat or something that works with the Huntington House sofa. Apparently, Huntington House no longer sells the fabric we used for the sofa.

So: do I get a matching love seat in a different fabric, and if so, what might work, colorwise? I lean transitional in style. Husband likes traditional but will tolerate transitional.

Or, do we get a pair of chairs, or a chaise and chairs, or what? My husband likes to lie down on the crummy sleeper sofa which I think is why he's resisting getting rid of it. I'm afraid he won't go for a pair of chairs. What to do?

Here's the Huntington House sofa. It's quite large--I think about 108" across. We are definitely keeping that rug and the wall color in the living room. I don't care either way about the throw pillows. The couch is a neutral light beigey color with dark wood feet.

Our Pictures · More Info

Another side of the living room plus the ugly sleeper sofa which is too large for its location and now has a tear in the seat.

Our Pictures · More Info

Please excuse the mess in this photo--taken while I was at home recovering from surgery (hence the giant balloon). This is the current placement of the big sofa and the baker's rack.

Our Pictures · More Info

A better view of that baker's rack (from when we had it in the dining room). I'm keeping it for now, mainly as a place for houseplants, but I'm not averse to getting rid of it at some point.

Our Pictures · More Info

The two table lamps in the living room are these, and I'd like to change out the end tables at some point as well as they are far too traditional for my current taste.

Uttermost Ferndale Scroll Metal Lamp · More Info

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Comment (1)