SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawaps_gw

My Brother's House

cawaps
4 years ago

I visited my brother and his wife up in Washington over the weekend, and it got me reflecting on some of the judgement and cattiness on the Home Decorating board.

They have a Craftsman house, and I love how they have it decorated. Warm colors, Mission style tables and storage pieces, burgundy leather sofa and loveseat, and walls covered with artwork and personal photos. The decor totally suits the house. (Sorry, I didn't take any pics).

I obviously spend too much time on these boards, because I found myself imagining what the responses would be if they were to post photos on the Home Decorating board. The walls look like Manchester Tan (Tuscan! Left over from the previous owner, my brother and SIL were going to change it before they moved in, but ran out of time and energy. When they moved it, they realized that it flattered all their furnishings). The artwork is hung too high, the furniture is a matching set that is (gasp!) really to big for the space, and there are too many small things on the wall. Oh, and my SIL has a lampshade with dangly beads (Old lady!).

None of that diminished my enjoyment of their house one iota.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio