SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_parker43

Contractor upset that he has time into the estimate.

Suzanne Parker
4 years ago

A tree fell onto my house and did alot of damage. I was planning on adding a bathroom on so I asked the contractors to give me a estimate on a second story to include a bedroom, bathroom and sitting area too. I forwarded the insurance adjuster estimator to every contractor. I was given 4 referrals and one company said they could fix the damage from the tree but the addition would be $100,000.00. I told them I didnt want to pay that. A second company sent a estimator out. He contacted the insurance adjuster and the insurance adjusted provided another 15,000.00 for repairs. The owner of the company became very upset with me when I told him I wouldn't sign a letter of intent. I told him I was waiting for 2 more estimates. He said I have 12 hours on this job, the estimator got another 15,000.00 for me so I needed to sign. He needed to go to the county permit office and get a structural engineer out to see if I can even put up a second story. I told him I dont expect him to do anymore until I got the others estimates. He was very upset with me. Advice?

Comments (83)