SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littleredfarmhouse1

Oh my goodness I need help on design for our bathroom. Rustic/Modern

Michelle Bishop
4 years ago

We are building our own home and it so amazing but I am also overwhelmed with choosing the bathroom style. We love Modern Rustic and we have a 8 x 7.5 bathroom with 10-12 foot ceilings (shed roof). I had been thinking of this scenario but I'm just not sure. I love darker colors but dont want a monochromatic scheme/tuxedo look so trying to lighten it with some wood elements and stone. Here is what I have so far:

1. White Beveled Subway tile 3 x 12 with Charcoal grout for shower

2. Either penny tile or pebbles for shower pan (dont want it too modern so leaning towards pebbles and that also brings in more color. Been reading the pebble tile can look very different once grouted so there is that too.)) Will also use same material for the built in shelving in shower

3. Frameless shower door

4. Black freestanding vanity with white quartz top with matte black faucet (really wanting an oak/wood vanity or similar but the ones I like at Signature Hardware are WAY over budget)

5. Blue/Black shiplap wall on the tall wall to the back (will also have door and window on that highest wall)

6. The accent wall will have a door with white inner blinds. Do I paint door black inside to match shiplap or?

7. The accent wall will also have a cantilevered window and the same type of window will be to the right of the vanity

8. Off white walls (dont want white white) on dry wall and ceiling

9. Ceiling to have 2 faux wooden beams

10. Wood or rustic ceiling fan (made for damp areas)

11. . Custom built wooden bench seat in corner next to vanity to tie in the wood element and soften the black (directly under the window)

12. Light fixture as shown with wood and black

So first biggie I'm torn on flooring. we don't want too trendy or modern - classic mixed with rustic mixed with modern. Is that possible? lol

I had thought originally of using concrete looking tile as this softens the black, then I thought maybe vinyl wood plank or wood look tile but I am unsure of color. Ideas? I wish I could see all of this together and I have tried the design programs and am miserable at it. Suggestions on any of the above that I have suggested and/or on the flooring?

Also, I want to add a freestanding cabinet next to the vanity at some point. Do I do "matchy matchy" or go for a different color?

I am so glad I found this site and hoping to hear back from some of you!! Thank you for all of your help!

Comments (6)