SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ckingsbury64

Storage enhancements for frameless kitchen cabinets

ckingsbury64
4 years ago

I recently moved into a new condo building where all units were built out with frameless kitchen cabinets. I'm trying to understand whether there are some simple storage enhancements I could add to make better use of the space. Given that these are Euro-style cabinets using what looks like 32mm hardware, I'm wondering if there are specific "systems" I should be looking for that might make for drop-in installation.

I don't believe the cabinets were made by any of the deluxe European brands like Poggenpohl, and I suspect they might have been built to spec for the building. Door fronts are generally widths of 15" and 18", with panels all about 7/8". I don't have a metric tape handy but aside from the panel thickness these seem to be non-metric sizes. The frameless stuff is somewhat new to me so I don't really know if there are specific patterns in the sizes to look for.

In terms of what I'm looking for, I'd like to add things like pull-out drawers or baskets for pantry storage, particularly on the base cabinets. The bases are mostly shelving (with shelves supported by movable pins) and there's a lot of interior volume that's hard to access without getting on your knees and groping in the darkness. I'm extremely proficient with a drill, screwdriver, level, and tape, and don't mind spending a little more for Häfele or other quality manufacturer.

Any pointers towards more specific resources greatly appreciated!

Comments (5)