SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_schaeffer46

Playroom/Hangout Room Help

Laura Schaeffer
4 years ago

We live in a very tiny house, got 10.5 acres - and downgraded in house size to compensate for that cost :))) ... My 2 boys (7 & 3) have to share a room.. we just framed in and are finishing a room off in our full basement that will be a play/hangout/family room. It will be a place for my toddlers (also have a 1 year old) to play, but I really want my 7 year old to have an extra room when he has friends over they can sleep down there/hangout etc - as sharing a room with your 3yr old brother is not ideal :) The only things I know for sure, the TV is going on the wall where I have the small box drawn - we wired up high there so we can wall mount... and then I have not decided on what sofa we will get, but that will go on the wall across. Something loveseat sized, I am thinking.. though maybe that folds into a bed......and then will get either one GIANT beanbag or maybe 2 medium sized ones..

If anyone has recommendations to furniture/storage solutions for this room - we have lots of kids STUFF and toys, and need this room to function for toddlers, tweens, and even us adults when we want to come hang and watch a movie too! :) The rest of my house is kind of farmhouse vibe.

Comments (8)