SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexa223

Help creating stucture and softness on a large property

Alexa
4 years ago

Hello,
I need help visualizing and creating a plan on how to landscape and bring beauty to this ipen land surrounding my home. We purchased this property that was severly overgrown and disregarded for sometime. I realize that due to budget constraints this will be a multi step project but I would like some ideas. My initial goal is to landscape around the perimeter of the house with trees, flowering shrubs and various perennials that will provide color throughout the seasons. In addition, we need a walkway from the front door to the driveway. Next, I would like to bring some life and beauty to the right of the long driveway. I was thinking some pine for privacy with flowering shrubs or perennials like hostas or tall grasses. It is at slope and I would prefer not to waste money on retaining walls. Perhaps adding some flowering trees like pear along the driveway would be nice as well. We plan to relocate the currently unused and poorly placed vegetable garden to the far left. Our 10 year plan would be to rip out the deck and do a sate patio. I would also like to replace some of the trees that we lost due to disease. We unfortunately had to cut down a lot and lack the shade to really enjoy the property. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Zone 6B, NY full sun.

Comments (30)