SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_draggoo

How much is too much of one color?

Ashley Draggoo
4 years ago

We are building a 6 bedroom, 5 bath home. I really like navy blue and we have decided the main floor will be light grey, white, and navy. On the main floor will be a mud room with navy cabinets and bench and light grey walls, white kitchen cabinets with navy cabinets in island and light grey walls, a bedroom with navy accent wall and light grey on the other walls, navy blue dining area on the top half with white picture molding on the bottom half, light grey in the playroom, and light grey paint everywhere else. On the upper level are 4 bedrooms and we are planning to use navy blue in our two boys’ bedrooms because well, boys. That leaves the master and a guest room. I think with my love of navy I have been contemplating also doing this color scheme in the master with one navy accent wall and the rest light grey (the guest room will be light grey with a dark grey accent wall). Am I doing too much navy on the main floor (as well as boys bedrooms) to also carry this into the master as well?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022