SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_457167691

Bathroom Not Aligned/Symmetrical - Ideas?

Josh B
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone! So our house we bought recently had it's main bathroom re-done a few years prior by the previous owners. Nothing is square. They installed 2 separate pedestal sinks for a double vanity and they didn't bother to align the light fixture or power outlets properly with the sinks.

I've attached some photos with straight line overlays to show what I'm talking about. Basically they squared up the mirrors to hang even with the light fixtures - but it throws off the alignment with the faucet/sink (both sides are like this). There is also an outlet between both sinks, but again isn't spaced between the sinks evenly.

We eventually want to replace the light fixtures and mirrors and looking for some suggestions or if anyone else has had to problem solve this before? I really don't want to deal with moving the electrical boxes/wires behind the light fixtures - is there a vanity light that we could off-center from the box slightly so we can get it in alignment with the sink?

Also thinking for mirrors to get something circular or oval so that the power outlet in the middle isn't as noticeable by avoiding straight rectangular lines? The lack of thought or care that went into them making these decisions bugs me so much, haha.

Anyway, that's my design dilemma.

Comments (18)