Book title doesn't describe content
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
Related Discussions
Is there ANY rose that doesn't get Blackspot?
Comments (53)Unfortunately not only Kordes but Tantau and Meilland also use the same name for different roses, so I doubt that they will give up. I do not know the reason, I can just speculate. Maybe they trademark the name, so nobody else can come up with a new "Valencia", Iceberg, or Princess de Monaco - only Kordes or in the later case Meilland. It is frustrating and sometimes it is difficult to sort out which rose named the same way has or has not any difference from a previous one. On the other hand, it is strange that Kordes named his new climber Aloha a name already used for another climber with entirely different color. I didn't have any 'breaking dormancy or other problem with roses from Palatine. None were Âpuny but were huge; the largest bare roots I have ever received. I will be forced to order from Hortico if Pickering will not incorporate in their coming new, one hundred roses next year  I am craving for a few of newer Tantau roses. I am sorry to say that today I noticed more spots on Caramella. Probably not blackspot, it looks like anthracnose judging from the grayish tan 'hole' in the middle of the spots. Or maybe both - in this coastal inferno all bets are off. This Caramella is positively a flori or a shrub, not a HT  it throws out sprays 3-5 buds on the yip of the canes, blooms in cluster. Caramel Antike, on the other hand, is a HT. I am told that it is the newest craze in the florist market in Europe. Please describe the difference, if you can, between the old Caramella and the new one....See More5 year old *step daughter* doesn't like me....
Comments (23)I am not being used as a chauffer or babysitter. I offered... it was my decision. I saw it as helping the two of them see each other more often. But I guess then I didn't realize the harm that it could be doing. As for mom, she is kind of a strange parent. It seems as though a lot of you women have a strong maternal instinct and wouldn't even let your DD SM pick your daughters up. However, BM has asked if I could pick up her daughter (we meet in the middle of our houses) because it was more convenient for her to drop her off at that time. If we don't accommodate her schedule she often tells us then she won't be able to drop her off at all. She's never around to receive her daughter either. Most of the time dad brings her with her grandparents because mom isn't around. This weekend was a perfect example. Mom told us she would receive her daugther at 6pm on Sunday. She called and told my BF that she left town and wouldn't be able to pick her up until Monday sometime, and that either she would pick her up with dad at his work or mine. HAH. So dad didn't go to work in the morning because mom decided she had better things to do than pick up her daughter, and he ended up bringing his daughter to her grandparents because mom wasn't answering her phone. Sometimes she leaves to the beach for the weekend and decides not to come back until Wednesday, leaving her daughter with her parents, and no one to bring her to school. Not very motherly if you ask me. As for our relationship, it's fine. I am not getting involved in baby momma drama... we see each other, say hello, everything's cordial, then we talk about the girl, say goodbye no name calling as far as I know etc. I never say a bad word about her mother to anyone.. ever. As for my bf we met 11 years ago in the US. I came here to Mexico to be with him a year ago. Maybe I use the term soulmate in a way you don't understand. I know I could find someone else if I wanted to. I don't. I'm here to stay with this man and this girl. We may not be married but we are committed to each other as if we were. We are talking marriage... and it will happen some day. What else... oh to answer a question dad and mom divorced when daughter was 2.5. Sooo... 1 year and half before I showed up into the picture. Their relationship sounds like it was verbally and emotionally abusive, probably from both parts but she also sounds like she was physically abusive towards him... but never to their daughter. Dad never had a serious girlfriend after that before me. I don't think dad ever introduced any women to his daughter before me either. But I don't know that for sure. As for the bed thing, I know. Dad and daughter used to sleep in the same bed before I arrived. I think it's weird. So when I came into the picture and she was over on the weekends, dad had daughter sleep in the same bed as us. I put a quick stop to that. NOT OK. I expressed to him that it's uncomfortable and he talked with her, though I don't think he really understands why it's a problem. He sometimes asks if she can sleep with us still... I don't understand why. As for this weekend little girl was throwing up and had a bad temperature in the middle of the night so she came into the bed in the early morning so dad could keep an eye on her. I didn't think it was inappropriate in that case. I don't want to be an in your face sm. I honestly feel like dad is trying to force the situation and really I was over doing the favors just to try and get to know the girl and make it easier for them to see each other... to be nice. I know that I need to back off now. Anyways I left and did my own thing on Saturday and part of Sunday and when I came back things were much nicer. I think the girl does like me when she wants to see me, but I was around too often and intruding on daddy daughter time. Today she was very talkative to me, sweet... gave me a little kiss goodbye and they left. I think I found my answer. I agree with the playing house thing being a rush, I'm not moving out now... so I have to find other ways to fix this. To answer someone's question it is not the house of his previous relationship... and when I say house I mean apartment.. a small one. I think it's kind of hard to stay out of each others business when we are all there... leaving is probably necessary to give them proper alone time....See MoreAutumnal Titles - what do you suggest?
Comments (5)You could try A Blaze of Autumn Sunshine: The Last Diaries by Tony Benn. For those unfamiliar with the well-known late English Socialist politician and old-school Parliamentarian, he wrote up his diary every night for 50 years. Depending on ones political outlook he could be described as a maverick and ideologist who admired Chairman Mao, Sinn Fein and Hamas, part of the 'looney left' or more like Margaret Thatcher . . . they both considered themselves 'never wrong'. He was the first person to give up his peerage so he could sit in the House of Commons as an MP. Certainly an interesting character and very much more colourful than modern politicians....See MoreNatural gas range that doesn't require electricity?
Comments (27)I have a gas range top. It will light with a match when the power is out. I think its an important feature for people living in certain areas, ie hurricane prone areas or frequent electrical outages. When hurricane Charlie hit us, we had no power or water for over a week. It's a long time if you haven't experienced that kind of event. All of our friends had ranges and gas ovens that could not be lit with a match. We all had tons of food in the freezer thawing so everyone came to our house to cook. It was fun having everyone bring their food and cook it on my 6 burner stove top but I would never have a stove top without the ability to light it with a match. The oven is electric but I can live without that. My husband went on a long distance kayak trip many moons ago. One fellow was a professional baker who made an oven from a cardboard box. I wasn't there so can't give the details but stories are they ate well with everything he baked from bread to breakfast pastries etc he was the hit of the trip. How one can construct an oven from cardboard and use it to bake over a camp fire leaves me wondering. But...it's a true story Inga...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

TASTEMAKERSBook to Know: Design Advice in Greg Natale’s ‘The Tailored Interior’
The interior designer shares the 9 steps he uses to create cohesive, pleasing rooms
Full Story
ORGANIZING10 Ways to Organize Your Books That Don’t Involve Color
Get fresh ideas for displaying your books so you can enjoy them more and find the one you want
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDesign Debate: Should You Use Books for Decoration?
Color blocking, books by the yard, blank covers — is all fair in love and decor?
Full Story
LIFE'Not My Precious Books!' — Pain-Free Ways to Declutter Your Library
Have your books and neatness too, with these ideas for paring down and straightening up a beloved collection
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEDecorating for Contentment: How to Live the ‘Lagom’ Life
Simplicity, moderation and restraint are at the heart of this Swedish concept
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGHow to Let Go of Unwanted Books and Magazines
Buried in reading material? This guide will help you decide what to keep and what to give away, sell or recycle
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEDesign Pop: Decor Tips for Book Lovers
As PBS launches ‘The Great American Read,’ designers and actor Ming-Na Wen weigh in on building around books
Full Story
BOOKS11 Great Children’s Books About Home (and 2 Honorable Mentions)
Homes come in many different shapes and sizes, and these kids’ books highlight the tallest, the smallest, the oldest and the silliest
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES12 Spaces That Prove There’s Always Room for Books
Be inspired by the bookworms on Houzz who have won the book storage war
Full Story
yoyobon_gw